You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Our online store sells a large number of products. We get weekly product feeds from suppliers which need to be imported into the database.
Please see website: www.gizmostore.com.au
We receive files from 3 types of vendors in three scenarios:
Scenario 1) large vendor with over 30,000 products. We get about 10 small flat files (tab separated CIF) format. We manually import into excel for processing.
Scenario 2) Excel file is received from vendor, we just copy required columns across to the import file in excel. About 2,000 products
Scenario 3) Specialised vendor only has a few products and data does not change. Less than 100 products each. So we just import the same data every week.
We use a number of macros and VBA to import the data into an excel file.
- Product description is refined using a few fields concatenated with HTML tags.
- Most fields are simply copied across (such as product name, manufacturer code, model weight etc).
- Data is cleaned to remove reference to supplier name. This applies mainly for support and warranty fields.
- Some fields are calculated such as product sale price. We have rule for pricing and margin calculation.
- Product ID needs to be numeric. one of the small supplier (Scenario 2 above), does not provide numeric (max 11 digits) product code. We need to generate unique manufacturer code for these products.
- For product without weight provided we put a value of 20kg. Which means they need to contact us before checking out.
- New product Images are downloaded from the supplier FTP server and uploaded to our website. If image is not available, we simply display the manufacturer's logo instead.
- We also get a related products file from vendors, these columns are to be converted to the one field for import and de-duplicated. Otherwise import will fail.
- Product Categories are converted to our product categories. You will be provided with a lookup table.
- The promotional rates and specials tab data is also provided.
- The default import truncates the tables, so we need to import everything again every week.
- We filter out some product groups which we don't want to sell in our store.
- The large file is split into 3 or more smaller files as the default import engine does not allow all the records to be imported in one go.
- We backup database before import using MySQL utility.
- Files are imported in 3 or 4 batches and backed up in between.
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
We want to reduce the rework and have the system automated.
We would like to have a tool that helps import all the data and does the calculation during import process.
We would also like to have an import too for importing into MySQL database.
The tool should also check to see if it is a new product to download required images.
The tool should remove old promotions and specials data and new data should be imported with start and end dates.
OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS OF BUSINESS
- We will maintain ownership of all complete and incomplete project work.
- You will be paid 10% on commencement and the remainder on completion of project.
- You may use our company as a project reference but you may not use the website name without prior written permission.
- Upon completion you will provide all source files and runtime files to us.
- You may not keep a copy of the data or source files on your computer.
- Must sign NDAs
- All bids for this work will be assessed based on merit
- Acceptance of terms of businsess
- You need to have demonstrated experience doing similar work. Any previous experience on OpenCart will be considered.
- You will need to provide project references, who will be contacted.
- Work needs to be delivered on time and in budget
- Warranty must be provided
- The import tool needs to have a friendly GUI.
- You need to have good English communication skills phone and emails.
Additional Project Description:
12/17/2011 at 15:48 HKT
Sample file for SCENARIO 1 supplier (Ingram Micro).
Please see Summary tab for name of files included. It has a list of all files received from them, as well as the description of the file.
- Follow the links under the Name column to see the file details.
- Follow the Sample link to see sample data.
- Please note that the full files would have several thousand records.
12/18/2011 at 9:32 HKT
Project Requirements v1.0 slides uploaded.
12/20/2011 at 19:49 HKT
We feel it may be best to break down the project into two phases:
1) The Data Collection Tool; built (such as a .NET application), it will pull all the information from several files into one file for import.
2) The import utility / application / add-in which allows importing from the large file into OpenCart database.
Technical Specifications v1.0 file uploaded.
Developers should review. You may bid for one phase or both two phases.