You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Dreamsaver ??" Convert a simple flash project to Adobe AIR
**What I need done…**
I’d like to convert a Flash AS2.0 screensaver-like animation into a standalone Adobe AIR app which allows the user to set times during the day on which the animation will play (e.g. Weekdays at 2:00pm, Saturday at 4:00pm, etc).
**What I already have…**
The animation reads an XML file with a series of text-based goals created by the user. Then the goals are animated on the screen in sequence with fade-in/fade-out and bit of random motion for visual appeal. This part is done.
Additional, for Adobe AIR, there will need to be a portion that resides in the memory (i.e. on the taskbar for Win XP) which allows the user to access the “Settings?? window and that continually checks the time to see whether the animation should run. I’ve already created the Adobe AIR framework for this as well as the GUI interface for the Settings window.
**Timeframe for delivery...**
What the provider will build…
1. Build the logic that stores the application settings from the Settings window
2. Build the logic that checks the current system time against the user-defined playback schedule and launches the animation when appropriate
3. Bring the current animation code into the Adobe AIR project. This may involve converting some of the animation code to AS3.0.
4. I’d like change the XML from loading locally to loading from an external URL. The provider will add the necessary loading logic and error reporting (e.g. the user has entered an invalid username/password in the application settings.
5. If reasonably possible with the Adobe AIR API, the installation or the settings should provide the feature to run the application when the computer starts up.
Other context/requirements that providers will need to know…
* Adobe AIR uses AS3 and is very OO. The provider must be experienced in proper object-oriented design principles
* Methods / public properties must be documented using javadoc/phpdoc style documentation ??" in English.
* The project should work and be tested on PC’s running XP, and Vista and on Macs
* Errors and unexpected shutdowns should be handled properly (as described in the Adobe AIR documentation)
Specific expertise that I am seeking...
I’m a developer and a technical consultant who’s looking for reliable outsource partners. The qualities I value most are adhering exactly to the brief, having the initiative to foresee potential problems and preventing them, and building projects in a way that creates code that is reusable for future projects.
I also highly value prompt communication via email or preferably, IM.
The most suitable candidate will also have the continual desire to learn more and improve his/her craft.
1) Adobe AIR installation file packages with the latest flash/AIR version. It must be complete and fully-functional in executable form. Both Mac & PC installations must be provided. There must be only 1 project file and source code set for both platforms. 2) All source code must be provided. It must be in english and documented with javadoc/phpdoc style syntax. The copyright will be held by AncientBohemia Ltd.
3) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP, Vista