You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
First, I would like to learn if Mint.com has an API - I can't tell from the forums online, but I'm also terrible with forums. If so, then the below should be feasible.
I am a big personal finance guy. Went to school for finance, worked in finance, quit, started my own company, own a couple of houses and LLCs, which creates some complicated accounting needs. I love Mint.com, but it barely takes the job half-way. I'd like to build a financial reporting and analytics tool that combines the data from all of the financial apps and online services I use. Mint.com is the biggest, so I would like to start there.
I am not looking for a website or a pretty UI. I just want to access the data and have it streamed to me in an organized fashion. The data from mint.com should stream into an excel file organized to look like a Profit and Loss statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement. (No financial acumen required - I will provide details to the minutia on how the end result should read). Each day, I would like this excel workbook to call Mint.com and auto-update with the new data collected from the account.
There are 3 qualifications for the project:
1) It has to work
2) It has to be secure/private
3) It has to be written well and organized so that I can read it - no spaghetti code.
- You speak English well
- You have an ability to learn quickly
- You take extreme pride in turning around your code expeditiously without sacrificing quality, functionality, or organization
- You have an itch to build something cool. I have a lot more that I would like to do with this, so I am looking for someone who finds this project interesting that would like to build something cool.