Need some work done? Post a Project Today
This project has previously been posted and since upgraded.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to create a script utility to assist with our various network data drives clean up routine to help remove some of the burden of this task from our IT team.
We would like to be able to schedule this script to run at certain times using command line syntax.
Ideally this script will be maintained using a GUI to run with Windows 7 32 bit or 64bit , whereby our IT team can maintain the various settings easily and accurately.
The script will perform the following functions based on user entered criteria into the GUI:
• Search for folders matching criteria entered by the user
• Create a log file reporting on all found folders and their underlying files
• Copy the source file to an archive device
• Verify successful copy to the archive device
• Remove successfully copied and verified folders/files from the source path to free up space
• Automatically distribute a report of both successfully and unsuccessfully copied, verified and removed folders/files via email to nominated recipients
Please refer to attached document for a more detailed outline of the requirements.
To be considered for this project please provide an outline of your experience and if you have previously done something similar to this project.