Create a web service that performs the following:
1. Receives a PDF document ( converts to image if necessary )
2. Scan PDF document and determine if there is a QR code located in the document. We want to be able to pass
the rectangle area in the image for scanning barcode to the web service. Parameters would be x1, y1, x2, y2 coordinates of the barcode.
3. If there is a QR code in the PDF document then read and decode QR code.
4. Logs all requests to MYSQL database including:
- Request received - date and time, and IP address requesting
- Status of converting PDF to image to scan for QR code ( success / failure, date & time )
- Status if QR Code is found in the image ( success / failure, date & time )
- QR Code code contents ( information, date & time )
5. Document all code, demonstrate, and answer questions
- Linux, MySQL
- Java Barcode Reader - Open for discuss but have looked into ZXING - http://code.google.com/p/zxing/
- Must have SkypeID for demonstration purposes
- Must be able to be available for Q&A between 8AM EST - 12pm EST
Timeline - 7 days or less. If you cannot meet this timeline then don't bid on this project.