We are seeking a web developer to design and implement a back end server application and a user database to be hosted with Amazon Web Services.??
Task 1: Implement JSON queries that can be utilized by our front end iOS developer to interface with the server application. Provide these queries in a timely manner for testing in our mobile app. We expect some queries to be ready for testing by our iOS developer within 1-2 weeks after project is awarded.??
Task 2: Build an efficient MySQL user/network database to be hosted by Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS).?
Task 3: Design and implement a server application (hosted with Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud [Amazon EC2]) that can receive and respond to encrypted queries. Some queries will require advanced calculation, manipulation and analysis of data in our user database.
Task 4: Develop a push notification distribution system that integrates with Apple Push Notification Service (APNs) and Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS).
Task 5: Create and update passes for use with Apple’s Passbook. To explore the Passbook Development Guide, Google search “apple passbook programming guide”??
Task 6: Validate the user's email address and phone number.
?- Generate an email verification code & link that is immediately sent to the user's email address. The link will be a custom URL that redirects to our mobile app. The code will be a randomly generated number.
?- Utilize a third party SDK (most likely Twilio, unless awarded freelancer recommends another) to perform phone number verification via call and text. To explore Twilio phone verification, Google search “twilio two factor authentication”
??Task 7: Fully integrate with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Perform testing to ensure accuracy of data and optimization of performance.???
?1) Security: industry standard encryption
2) Maximum Efficiency: optimal back end performance to result in a speedy user interface and efficient data management
?3) Seamless interaction: clear, easy to implement queries that can be provided to our iOS developer for plug & play server interaction?
4) Communication: communication throughout the development process on strategy and progress is a must!
Notes before you bid:
1) We are open to a variety of programming languages for the application based on a compelling recommendation by the developer (PHP, Ruby on the Rails, or Java)
2) We currently have some design guides that outline a wide range of carefully constructed queries and database tables. These guides will be provided to bidders for further review. However, please note that we do not currently have a database or application--we only have a basic concept of design.
3) We will not discuss ANY project details outside of Freelancer until the project has been awarded. Please do not request any communication outside of PMB.
4) We will perform extensive interviews via PMB with all bidders before awarding the project. Please be prepared to respond in a timely fashion.
1) Experience with Freelancer.com is required.
2) Experience with Amazon Web Services is required.
3) Experience with communicating with iOS applications is preferred.
4) Experience with developing for Passbook or using the Twilio API is a plus!
1) Many details have been provided in this description. If you choose to bid on this project, please send us a message through PMB that specifically addresses your experience with each area of development disclosed in these details.
2) Please suggest the programming language you propose for the project and your experience with developing in this language.
3) Soon after, we will send over our query and database design guides for your review. Please carefully review these documents and adjust your bid as necessary.