You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
.NET VB DNS and IIS WebSite Creation Program,Installation and Test
-The program needs to automate the creation of zones and A records on neighbouring Windows 2000 DNS and Windows 2003 IIS servers.
- The script must next post a new host record on a remote web-form which requires an authentication login to get to - a little finicky.
-And it needs to create new host names or sub-domains in IIS - server1.domain.com, server2.domain.com, and so on - for example.
This can be accomplished through DNS WMI provider. The dll must be launched by a PHP script. Additionally the code will need to set IIS parameters for default document, host headers, etc.
1. VB.NET dll that I pass the following parameters to via PHP
a. Domain Name (mydomain.com)
Host Name (or host and sub-domain) server1.mydomain.com, www.server1.mydomain.com, etc.
b. Root folder path (d:web)
c. IP address (192.168.100.100)
2. Based upon this information it needs to;
a. Create DNS Zone for mydomain.com
b. Create A records for hostname.mydomain.com, www.mydomain.com or mydomain.com (blank A record)- on the Windows 2000 DNS server
d. Enumerate through IIS and find the next available IIS Instance ID
e. Create a new IIS website named subdomain.mydomain.com
f. Assign the ip address from above
g. Set host headers to true, and enter www.mydomain.com and mydomain.com
h. Set default documents to default.php and index.php
3. Provide full source with good inline comments. Provide compiled .dll as well.
4. My preference is VB.NET 2005, if you would prefer to do this in C# 2005 or VB.NET 2003, please explain why as I would consider this for a good reason.
5. Payment will be made in full upon my successful testing code within my environment.
I have attached the following links for your reference, this may or may not be helpful in jump starting your code.
I have a few partially completed scripts that may be of assistance but I would prefer to discuss this with someone who has made this work already.