We have a website - www.pulpfreecomics.com - and a companion iPhone app (PulpFreeCMX) currently live and available on the App Store. We are interested in the long term future and see a time when are services are device independent. We feel that having a Web App is the best way forward.
We are currently soliciting proposals to create a Web App based on our current iPhone app. Go to our website, check out the website, and click on the app icon on the right to download our app for your review.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time we are not interested in turning our website into a Web App. We are only soliciting turning the current iPhone App into a Web App.
We want the Web App to look and feel exactly like our iPhone app. A User will need to be able to scroll and search the CMX Shop, Preview comics,and purchase/download comics to the local device. Your proposal should include time and cost estimate and your solution to how the purchase/download functionality will work and how the comic will be stored and read on the Users local device.
Additional Project Description:
11/24/2012 at 13:28 NZDT
I have been told that most of the work for the Web App as been done as I already have a Native iPhone app with Web Services and that what I need is to create a Presentation Layer.
Based on the above information I am requesting that you include the following information in your bid:
- Send links to existing Web Apps you have created
- Give details on how you will use the existing assets used to create the iPhone app
-Give some details on how you envision proceeding and how you will build the Web app
- Confirm that you have gone to the website and reviewed what we do
- Confirm that you have downloaded the PulpFreeCMX app and have reviewed it and downloaded a free comic and flipped through the pages and menus so that you can see all of the functionality.
11/24/2012 at 13:54 NZDT
- What is your solution for end-user to download and read a purchased comic on his local device?
- Would we need to create the ability for the end-user to create an account so that he could re-download purchased comics for free if he deleted comic?
- What format would the comic be in? (PDF, epub ?)