You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking for 2-3 independend experienced coders with at least *6* hours of work time a day (more is better) to handle specific tasks to upgrade/complete parts of an existing system (frontend and/or backend).
*The payment will be clearly based on tasks and your ability to accomplish them*. Payment is based on milestones and their value. The range of payment (depending on your ability to complete tasks) could be anywhere from $250-$1000USD or more and will be paid as milestones (project will grow beyond the agreed initial bid, if can complete tasks). We are really looking for good programmers as if you can prove your worth, we will also be able to give you more work and pay, based on your skills.
1. At least 6 hours a day of programming time, the more you can accomplish, the more you will get paid.
2. Excellent knowledge of PHP and all types of data manipulation (strong string manipulation, file handling such as upload, file directory)
3. Excellent knowledge of MySQL with PHP (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, etc), you will be using Prepared Statements for data storage and retrieval
5. Understand and can use AJAX (for asynchronous communication with server)
6. HTML/HTML5/CSS2/CSS3 (Website design)
7. Write simple but clear outlines of how you will solve tasks on paper, before implementing (showing us you really know what you are doing)
*** You will be dealing with one of the following systems (and/or others) ***
a) ingest system (MySQL/PHP)
b) user display (HTML5/CSS with some PHP/MySQL)
2. Badge system for eLearning system -- Upgrading existing tools
a) upgrade the file uploader and file handling system (PHP/MySQL)
b) work on badge display with user system (PHP/MySQL/HTML)
We have done several small jobs on Freelancer to test waters and now we are starting to give bigger projects to freelancers, but with us, you will have specific tasks to complete, which should be done well, as every piece of code will be checked/reviewed by me. Therefore, once again, if you are an experienced coder, this is maybe a good job for you.
Potential Bidders will be asked to answer programming questions (maybe skeleton code, or concepts) which directly relate to the tasks we must have done. Job is available immediately.
Additional Project Description:
02/21/2013 at 9:12 EST
Payment will be based on milestones we set with you, so a specific jobs will be worth money (and we won't pay some low price that makes this job not worth it, we will pay you very fairly *IF* you have the experience, and you can complete tasks quickly). Of course, this depends on how many you can accomplish. Some examples of jobs will be:
For example (more in-depth php, but not hard, if you are experienced) these could be tasks to complete:
1. Existing code creates files in directory "xxx", read directory "xxx" to get files and create a record for each file in table "pageTable", with the file dir link.
2. Read table XXX and display some record data
3. Read table YYY, display image file with link saved in file
4. Save uploaded file to directory "dir", update record id=xxx in table "table2" for future file link retrieval
We will give details after you PM the us giving the details we requested above.
02/23/2013 at 8:25 EST
Here is a outline of jobs pertaining to a part of the system: eBook ingest system
The document is a quick outline of what work needs to be done.
After this is complete, there are several other parts that must be done including:
1. eLibrary Book Retrieval system
2. Code upgrade and migration
Most of the code is not everyday code, so don't expect a walk through the park.
The upside is you may see some code that will you will learn something, and probably, unless you are very experienced, you can learn a lot from this job.