Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
We are looking for a flexible programmer who is able to program our creative concepts.
They are all linked to video, and we see this project as a tryout.
Our intentions are to work on a longterm base.
For a small tryout project for one of our clients we need a clickable html5 video.
OnClick extra video is shown within the same frame.
E.g. A corporate video with several interviews is the small version. OnClick a interview you see the whole interview instead of just a couple of quotes of that person.
On predefined timecodes the viewer sees text "Click here for more info." in the video.
After mouse over the master video, the video pauses and the viewer can click for an extra video. OnClick a videos appears.
After closing, the original video continues. There are are several click events in the master video.
- Should be HTML5 so the video can be played on any device.
- Videos are loaded/streamed from videosites like Vimeo.com or Youtube.
- be able to overlay text "e.g. Click here" on the video via timecode. e.g. from 03:00 seconds until 10:00 seconds.
Via editable text, or transparent images?
- on MouseOver, pause the master video, and a semi-transparent layer with text+image will appear with link to extra video.
- on MouseClick, another video will be played in the same frame, with a close button/text
- on Close the master video will continue
- We should be able to update all the text, time codes, video urls and images via xml? or php script? forms? suggestion needed
- We should be able to add extra click events easily ourselves.
- The client should not be able to update the video, all code should be safe for outsiders. maybe xml on another server?
- The clickable video should be embedded easily in any webpage without too much hassle. So easy-to-install instructions.
Optional Funcitonalities (please show extra costs separate):
This depends of budget, otherwise this is future project.
- Statistics from: clicks, durations, total plays etc.
- Webpage + database with separate client login where these stats are shown in an attractive visual way such as graphs, lines etc..
- integration with our wordpress website.
- Reskin the video player with any images or color codes(optionally, nice to have)
- Use HTML5 video with Java and specifically Popcorn.JS although any other solution is welcome
- Load videos from Vimeo and Youtube as master videos and extra videos, so we can eliminate streaming costs and media servers. Other solutions/ideas are welcome.
- An externally loaded XML file we can secure on another host?
- password protection for XML
- Demo http://code.chirls.com/18days/ click on any video in the left sidebar. The main video will pause.
Additional Project Description:
11/23/2012 at 23:39 NZDT
**** PROJECT IS ONHOLD ****
Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) is the world's largest freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace for small business. Hire freelancers to work in software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting & legal services.
Find freelance jobs and make money online! We have freelance coders, writers, programmers, designers, marketers and more. Getting the best web design, custom programming, professional writing or affordable marketing has never been easier!
© Copyright 2013 Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)