We have a server installed with the platform Kaltura. Unfortunately, in its basic functionality, Kaltura offers only the use of on-demand video (a bit like youtube).
However thanks to some advanced features you can customize the player with the necessary features.
That's what we need, a new player to integrate in Kaltura platform with this functionality:
1) The player must be of the Multiple Playlists type
2) The playlists will not be displayed on the player front-end
3) The videos contained in the playlist must be performed in a sequential without intervention of the user (next to the next to next and so on).
4) When a playlist end own video must begin the next playlist until the end of the playlists assigned to the player
5) the user should not interact with the player in any way. All buttons should be disabled (and hidden) except the button to activate the player to full screen. The space bar (which usually put the player in pause) must be inhibited by this behavior.
6) The player, when any user display it (so view the webpage) , should start playing from where the playlist is in that moment (and not starting with the first video of the playlist) taking the system time of the server. Normally behaviour of the playlist is, that it starts with the first movie in it. We need it that way that every user wich calls the player starts with the same movie – like on classic TV.
Basically we need to absolutely use Kaltura as a linear streaming (like www.livestream.com) and not on-demand. As with traditional TV: when someone turns on the player sees what is "going" at that time.
The customization should be possible through the use of KDP (Dynamic Player) that allows it to act on all the parameters of the viewer.
Here additional details:
I hope that what I wrote is clear.