Parentpages is a directory for families which provides information via a database of around 100,000 entries and a search facility/dropdown menus which users select by 4 different parameters, area, then borough, category then subcategory.
Once a user has made a selection, this selection is retained on the search results page to enable the user to reselect easily to make another search.
We need a php developer to facilitate the crossover from the existing site to new, and the integration into wordpress.
The website has been redesigned and semi-functional templates made. The new site and template pages are available.
Advertisers submit details to the website directly, but there is a bit manual intervention to get them online. There is a choice of advert ranging from free ads which appear in alphabetical order, paid ads which appear above the free ads and premium ads which appear top of the results page. This is all referenced in the php code.
Paid ads involve integration with HSBC/RomanCart and automated listing on the website once submitted.
Existing php code may need rewriting to be integrated with css code on the new site. We would prefer to use existing php code if possible as we believe it would be quicker.
Main functions that are required in this project proposal:
1. Existing database to be integrated into new site search facility
2. Integration of site search facility into new site and wordpress
4. Completion of search result display including text/image/audio (audio from scratch)
5. Integration of RomanCart/HSBC os-commerce into the advertising pages.
6. Adverts to be submitted automatically online and to enable banner and google ads to be inserted to the side of the search results pages.
7. Password protected accounts to be setup for a number of administrators to manage regional micro-sites.
url of existing http://www.parentpages.co.uk
url of new site http://www.parentpages.co.uk/new