You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I have an application located at IgetActive.com.
I need 3 features/modifications to be programmed.
Please first find a brief description of this application, then the 3 modifications to be done, then 5 additional requirements for the code (should be obvious to a good programmer, but you never know), and finally where to find additional information about the data files format.
One of the many features of this application is to load and plot data files containing various data: Heart rate pulses, speed, cadence (optional, may be or may not be present), altitude (optional, may be or may not be present), power (optional, may be or may not be present), etc… These files are recorded by a watch that act as a heart rate monitor while the athlete is training. For more information about these devices and functionalities please visit:
As the application is written now it only uploads and parse Polar Heart Rate Monitor Heart Rate Monitor files and one file at a time only can be uploaded and plotted. The application also saves the uploaded file in a special folder and adds it to a file library. Here is what I need from you:
Develop code based on classes and methods so that it's easy to reuse and modify.
Program the following 3 functionalities:
1. Be able to plot Suunto Heart Rate Monitor data and Polar Heart Rate Monitor Heart Rate Monitor files and it must not look different to the user.
2. Be able to crop the first part of the data file or it's last part from the plot, so a crop option must be available to the user who will decide which part from the graph he/she wants to remove.
3. Sometimes one exercise session will be composed of several data files. We must then be able to upload more than one file, concatenate the data and plot on the graph the equivalent data of the several files added one after the other. So the user must be provided with a feature letting him/her upload several files (cropping abilities 2 must still be present to the resulting graph). A files with proper format relevant to Polar Heart Rate Monitor Heart Rate Monitor or Suunto Heart Rate Monitor must then be saved in the directory with a single descriptive name not to overwrite other files from other workouts. I expect this file to have the proper header, followed by the concatenated data from the various files uploaded in the order they were uploaded, and the proper end of file. The various other files must not be saved on my server (too much space consuming).
ADDITIONAL GOOD PROGRAMMING RULES TO BE OBSERVED:
The following are requirements for the handling of the data.
1. The files must be processed without filling up my database, and the data can't be saved in the database. My database would become too big too fast. So the data must be concatenated via a vector or list in the code, and the file saved on my server.
2. It is very important that everything be very easy to use by the user. My subscribers are for the most part non-technical people.
3. Need to be able to switch between us/metric units.
4. Need to be able to change scale of each data while superposing them and still know approximate numbers.
5. More data files from different vendors (so different formats) will be supported in the future, so proper code must be provided and it must be easy to add new formats. I will ask to review the proposed code structure before approval.
Please read carefully this description. When you bid place the amount of your bid and make sure you'll respect it, as well for the time frame. I consider one week being 5 working days, so I will divide the number of days by 5 to estimate the number of weeks.
Zip file contains suunto data file format as well as suunto and polar sample data files.
The format of these files for the Polar Devices can be found at
http://developer.Polar Heart Rate Monitor Heart Rate Monitor.fi/developer.nsf/main
http://developer.Polar Heart Rate Monitor Heart Rate Monitor.fi/developer.nsf/274B9D08AF06359BC2256DF60045B8CB/$FILE/Polar Heart Rate Monitor Heart Rate Monitor%20HRM2%20file%20format.pdf
Attached also is a picture of what our graph looks like now in the attached files.
Additional Project Description:
03/27/2006 at 12:48 PHT
Zip File added