Need some work done? Post a Project Today
My friend and I came up with an idea, mainly inspired by the random chat web site, Omegle (http://omegle.com/). This project is very similar, but with a lot of added features, which are explained below. As you can see, Omegle offers video chatting as well, but we won't be focusing on that -- at least not yet. I guess it's safe to categorize the web site as a social one, but with a "twist," which is explained below.
1. Visitor opens web site
2. The page gives him/her two choices -- to create a simple profile (à la Facebook), or click the other button to start chatting with a random person as Guest. Although Guests are allowed to talk to other "with-" or "without-profile" users, they're not allowed to view their profiles. Moreover, "with-profile" users (registered users) aren't allowed to reveal their their profiles to Guests.
1. Users can create their profiles. Once registered, they'd still only be able to randomly connect to another user, to chat, but the system would only connect them to users in their geographical area (selected when creating their profile).
2. If the system (randomly) connects the registered user to another registered user, then whatever the two talk about is up to them. However, the system automatically reveals their "general" information to each other every 2 minutes. For instance, User A starts talking to User B. After 2 minutes of talking the system reveals to both users, the information about the other user. First, the other user's location is revealed. After 4 minutes, their sex is revealed. At 6, their age; 8, their interests (as set in their profile). However, it's totally up to the users to reveal their picture or not. It should also be remembered that whatever the users talk about is up to them.
4. Another important thing is that when the users are chatting, and when their location is revealed, the location is clickable, for the users can then choose to talk to another random person from that location.
3. If the two users "like" each other, and want to continue talking at a later time, they can both add each other as "trusted buddies." Hence, they will get a chance to talk to each other again at a later date, whenever they choose.
1. Guests are never shown the registered users' information, and don't have the option to choose a location. However, it's still up to the registered user to reveal their information to the Guest.
Also: The chats are unmonitored/uncensored, so registration will be limited to users that are at least 18 years of age. However, nude pictures (or videos) are not allowed.