You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I need to set up a website that allows users to:
- post URLs of interest
- have threaded conversations about them
- use Latex in their comments
- combine conversations regarding URLs -- for example, when 2 URLs lead to the same content, a moderator should be able to combine the discussions regarding them
On the face of it, this could be something like Reddit. However, I also need:
- users to be able to log in using OpenId, Facebook and the website's own profiles
- need to be able to prevent reposts by combining conversations
- customise the layout (to a limited extent)
- add a banner ad
- (possibly) use Akismet or something to prevent comment spam
I will need the freelancer to build the website, install it on my server (on Dreamhost) and walk me through the code.
If this project is undertaken, the freelancer should be prepared to extend the website:
- to scan a set of domain names for links of interest to automatically initiate conversations on
- extract straightforward information (eg, author names & email addresses) for posting in the conversations on the website
In case it is of any help in understanding what I want, the website is meant to help discuss scientific papers.
Additional Project Description:
11/26/2012 at 15:39 EST
To clarify -- users do not need to be able to customise the layout. I meant that your code should be clean and straightforward enough for me to modify it to customise the layout.
11/26/2012 at 15:46 EST
One more requirement: along with being able to discuss the links, users will also be able to score the link in the following categories on a 1-5 scale: