Need some work done? Post a Project Today
I want a script made that will have 3 drop down menus "year" "make" "model" . I would like the drop downs to be stacked vertically in the order starting from Year, Make, then Model. There will be no search button. Selecting your model would direct you to a .php page.
I would like the values for year make and model to be pulled from a database rather than a straight script because i would rather edit database columns than re-write a script's "values" I didn't create.
The Go/Search feature will not "search" but rather send the user to a .php page for the vehicle year make and model selected.
An example of this script would be http://www.andysautosport.com/ . I do not need any images like in the search columns like they have there though.
I know the database size would be pretty extensive due to the nature of its use. So all I'm asking for is maybe 5 examples in each column with instructions on editing the variables.
1) I would like the form to have a background very similar to the example site.
2) No wider than the example site. (preferably same size)
3) I want this designed in the easiest way possible to allow even the most novice of users to add entries to the search columns and add or remove options as needed.
4) Not sure if this matters but I will be adding this search to a sidebar in WordPress using HTML. I'm not sure if you can use PHP includes or not. *PS, Ive already searched plugins for this and FAILED.
OPTIONAL (If you can provide this I will probably choose you *possibly more money*)
1) The easiest way I can think to edit this would be to have an "admin panel" of some sort where you can just plug in the values on a really large list and just click save.
2) An install script for the database.
Given that I will be compiling all of the huge database on my own It seems that this will be of minimal effort for someone that knows how to and has done this before. i don't anticipate it should take very long to make. I'm more of a graphic designer (will most likely 100% change whatever background it comes with FYI so don't spend time on it)
I thank everyone for reading this and thank you so much in advance for helping me get past this small hurdle in completing this website I'm developing.