You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I'm planning a website for a new association and we target around 2000 members. The main functions would be:
1. Member signup and registration. Two types of membership, personal and company. Basic membership is free with limitations. Paid membership has full access. Option to link to facebook for signup.
2. Payment gateway for membership fees. Online banking transfer/credit card/PayPal etc
3. Member contact directory (Organized by Job Specialty for personal / company type for companies)
a. Two levels of detail for each contact:
Only basic info is displayed
i. Each contact links to a profile page with the members compete info. This includes bio data, employment history/experience, able to link to youtube to display video and sound cloud for audio, able to upload and display pictures
ii. For paid members display a basic calendar feature (something like online hotel booking) to display members availability for hire.
iii. For companies: able to display their product / services rate card
4. Member ratings. Paid members able to rate and comment on each other. Members with best ratings will be highest displayed in any search. Similar to eBay ratings system.
5. Search function for member directory. Able to do advanced search and arrange by job specialty, availability (linked to calendar above), daily rate etc. Paid members will have priority listing above free members.
6. Rate card. Each member will fill in their daily rate charges. This data is compiled, averaged and displayed as a table.
7. Marketplace: Members able to add posting for selling items / services
8. News feed. Comments / News / Updates from members. Similar to facebook.
9. 3 Banner advertisements on main page:
i. One to randomly display paid members (companies)
ii. One to randomly display highest ranking paid members (personal)
iii. One to display general advertising from sponsors / google ads etc
That is mainly what we would like to achieve initially. We would like to hire a designer to create a template for us, which we can then self maintain as we have only basic web design skills.
We are in the process of registering as an official association, and as such our funding is limited until we are able to begin collecting membership fees, so we need to work within a reasonable start-up budget. If the initial cost is too high, an option of rolling out the features in stages and spreading the cost over time would be ideal. Our priority would be to get the main framework online to start the member recruitment. Also our main concern for now is functionality, the look and feel is secondary and can be upgraded later.
We already have a domain name and hosting package that has joomla 3.0 installed and setup.