The right candidate will be considered for permanent contract hire upon successful completion of our specified tests. The pay will be project based.
Designs by Inet in Atlanta is looking for a Web Site Designer for a contract to permanent placement. Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Web Creative Director, the Web Designer will design and construct Web pages/Web sites incorporating graphical user interface (GUI) features, rich media content and other techniques. Responsibilities include design and construction of Web and ad banners, content specials and HTML emails.
Education: Bachelor's degree or commensurate training, which includes formal or on-the-job-training relating to the field of Web design.
• Minimum of two years intensive Web design experience in an in-house corporate or design firm environment and/or equivalent freelance experience.
• Needs to be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Web design field.
• Advance skills working with Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash and other Web development software.
• Must be familiar with programming languages, like PHP CF, & XML. Flash development will be required along with action-scripting and best practices for use on the Web.
• Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity. Demonstrated understanding of Internet design issues (browser usability, cross-platform compatibility, color and quick loading of images, etc.) is required.
• Ability to self-manage multiple projects simultaneously and meets deadlines. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with a team player mentality.
• Design / HTML: Design and construct strong visual Web sites; incorporating standards including styles, graphics and targeted content. –
• Develop and maintain Flash applications for rich media delivery through Web sites; using Action Scripting, XML and other techniques for streaming video & audio delivery.
• Design and construct HTML e-mail and other Internet campaign practices for Web sites while constantly supporting brand awareness.
• Provide strategic direction and concept development for projects to manage Web site growth and expand registered user database
• Provide Information Architecture support and User Interface designs Web sites.
• Joomla, Magento, and other various open source PHP abilities are required.