Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
1. The new component was never able to be packed into an auto-installing component. As of now we are forced to install the old component, and then overwrite the files via FTP to have the "new component". This needs to be fixed. The component MUST be auto-install.
2. The component had some fields added to the Add Pet Information section (Size and Info, as well as the "Pending" option added to the Status section). Becuase of this, we need new fields added to the database upon auto installation. If we install the component like we are forced to as explained in #1 (Install the old component, then overwrite the files in the FTP with the new files) then you cannot save when adding a new dog becuase those fields have nowhere to go in the database. The freelancer we had working on it said that a mySQL string must be added manually to get the fields to work. We need this to be AUTOMATIC UPON INSTALLATION!
3. Although this was NEVER supposed to be changed from the original, the image uploads are not working correctly. You can see here: http://petcomponent.stlgo.com/index.php?option=com_pets&id=4&task=showpets that the photos are NOT perfect 100x100 images. Instead they are full-size images that are simple made to be 100x100 with the use of simple HTML. In the new files images upload at 200x100 for some reason (see example here: http://www.silverwalkhounds.org/index.php?option=com_pets&id=4&task=showpets&Itemid=11). This is NOT what we want. Please make this go back to how it was (being the full size image and just making it appear as 100x100.
3. On the main pet details page, you can see here http://petcomponent.stlgo.com/index.php?option=com_pets&task=showProfile&pid=91 the large image is a thumbnail which when uploaded scales automatically to a MAXIMUM 200px wide or tall. It does not distort the image, it uploads it to scale with the width and height being a 200px max. When you click on it it displays the full-size image. This is what we want! We do NOT want it like this: http://www.silverwalkhounds.org/index.php?option=com_pets&task=showProfile&pid=100 with the images being uploaded at 200x100.
4. On the main pet details page the additional images are uploaded with a 150px maximum height, and it keeps the proportions. When you click the image it displays the full size image. This is what we want!! On the new files when you upload additional images, they too are uploaded at 200x100, which is NOT what we want.
5. When you save a pet (new or editing an old one) you get the following error: "Could not instantiate mail function.". Not sure why this is happening, but please get rid of it.
6. For the Info section, these pull from a directory of images. Right now the No Cats image is “nocats.jpg”, please change this to be “nocats.png” since that is the image that is in the files. Also, please change “no dogs.jpg” to “nodogs.png”. Please change “no kids.gif” to “nokids.png”. Change “special.gif” to “special.png”
7. We need petfinder integration.
I have attached the original component (com_pets(2).zip) and the new files that are needed to overwrite the component to apply the fixes (pets.rar).
Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) is the world's largest freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace for small business. Hire freelancers to work in software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting & legal services.
Find freelance jobs and make money online! We have freelance coders, writers, programmers, designers, marketers and more. Getting the best web design, custom programming, professional writing or affordable marketing has never been easier!
© Copyright 2013 Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)