You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking for someone to setup a Linux server as described below (the server already has RedHat 9 installed). If this project works well, we would like to work with the winning bidder on an ongoing basis as our remote Linux Administrator.
1. Set up the Apache server with dynamic hosting so that three web sites -- with three different IP addresses -- are hosted on one physical server; these web sites use SSL and Perl so these must be set up too.
2. Set up security so that the server is secure (I don't know a lot but at least all ports except those needed for mail, ssl and ftp must be closed); you must know how to work with Firewalls;
3. Set up incoming and outgoing email for all three web sites. Web sites will not support POP3; we would like to use qmail. You will also set up SpamAssasin and the associated modules.
4. All email access will be via the web. So, set up Horde (http://horde.org) server with the following modules: Horde Application Framework, Gollem, Hermes, ImapProxy, IMP, Ingo, Jonah, Kronolith, Mnemo, Nag, Orator, Rakim, Sork, Trean, Turba. The Horde server must be set up so that it is accessible to each of the three web sites.
5. Make the following two changes to Horde source code (using PHP): 1. Each incoming and outgoing message will be automatically copied into an Archive at the server. ALWAYS. The Archive can be either a new table in MySQL or a flat file, although we would prefer a table. 2. All chat messages in Rakim will be automatically stored in a table on the server. **Please note that the work you do in this step will be release back to the community, with proper credit to you and gnode, under the LGPL. This is very important. You must agree to this condition before you bid.**
6. Set up automatic backup of everything twice a day (please note that we would also like to backup the MySQL database while it is being used so you must have done this before).
7. Supply a document detailing each step that you have taken so that system can be re=built and also describing how Horde related upgrades may be done on the server.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) A step-by-step description of each and every thing that you did. Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Linux (Administration skills required) MySQL PHP Qmail Horde ICQ Online Chat Id