Migrate musician's discography (900+ recordings) from separate HTML pages to a MySQL database & PHP frontend/backend. Create a new application to integrate into [an existing web site]
Database will store the following
* Song Titles
* Song clips (mp3)
* Record Company
* Catalog Number
* Recording location
* Notes (can accept html?)
* Reviews (can accept html?)
* Picture of Cover
*Amazon.com, with appropriate affiliate code to display link to Amazon (see existing site examples)
* Online store (url)
* Other (vendor url)
Application will be self-contained & run in a folder with an index.php frontend. Index page must be a configurable template so that the client can change how data is displayed. Not all fields will be displayed, but users should be able to select a recording and have the complete details displayed (song titles, larger picture, etc...). Each recording may not have every field filled out, ie: we may not have cover pics or mp3's for every record. The output should degrade gracefully if info is missing from listing. Show if a title has sound clips.
Users can search discography completely. Can click on a particular record and have larger view displaying more about the particular recording. They should be able to listen to sound clips if available (prefer Flash streaming such as Zuardi XSPF)
Admin can log in and add/update/delete listings & upload mp3 files and .jpg's. Ability to select which fields are displayed on the output is great but not required as long as template is well documented & configurable.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Your bid price will not include populating the database, although a sufficent number of records should be entered for testing purposes. You may indicate an additional fee to import ALL the existing recordings from their individual HTML pages into the database if you want, and the buyer will choose whether or not to have you do that work.
Linux Web Server