You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
This code is already 80% complete but needs to be finished and tidied. The next phase will involve further work.
This is fairly simple but will require the following skills to be easy:
* ==> Linux (command-line usage, e.g. rsync, svn, vim etc), able to read a bash script <==
* PHP 5, with PEAR (MDB2) - lots of experience PARSING TEXT files would be useful.
* Version control: Subversion or git
* Virtual machines: having used VMware Workstation, Virtualbox or similar would be useful
* Good English to understand and coordinate, including the specification.
Code for this already exists but is not complete. Text files arrive in a directory and a shell script checks for these and passes these to PHP (not web, but using CLI). Script calls a PHP class which parses the text (one file) which has three parts, into three tables. There are no foreign keys or relationships between these tables, just data.
What is missing: the code almost imports some of the data, but is not complete. I would say 70% complete.
You should be comfortable working in Linux and using version control, so what we can share an environment. You should have 40-100GB disk free for working on a couple of versions of a virtual machine comfortably.
Internet speed should be good (8 megabit+ down and 0.8 mbit up). Use speedtest.net and tell me both your local server's speed and another one (e.g. europe or usa). Please include this in your message/bid.
Before hiring I will ask you a few questions in IM (S k y p e). Please be ready to give me a few code samples (anything, does not need to be complete), and answer some questions about Linux, PHP and version control.
After this I will need a web editing system for the above data using PHP Smarty. This is a separate project.