Specs for BNC Nutrition http://www.bncnutrition.com
• Site currently runs Magento 1.6
My distributor has a subscription-based data feed.
• These are sites that use the data feed. http://www.strongernutrition.com/
About the Feed:
As a Europa E-tailer and Europa Datafeed subscriber, Europa offers you access to a datafeed combining data from our inventory and from our product detail database. You will also be given access to images related to the records in the datafeed. We fulfill our product data collection in-house at Europa, meaning that your data will be processed by people who know this industry. That also means that you'll get data on the newest, hottest products in the industry in record time. Within days of a product being on hand at Europa's facilities, you will have the data and images to help sell the products we carry on your website. With nearly 5,000 items (including supplements, drinks, bars and accessories), the variety of what you'll be able to offer will take your online store to a whole new level.
The Europa Datafeed operates on a subscriber basis. By paying the start-up fee, you not only get access to the full datafeed from day one, you also continue to get access for six months. As soon as we update our data, it will be available for your use. The frequency of updating your site is entirely under your control, but we make changes daily. These changes include product data updates, pricing changes, and the addition of any new products. http://europadatafeed.com/
Scope of work:
XML feed containing 5,000 products, will need to be mapped into appropriate fields in my site (MySQL - ie: product name, weight, description, images, nutritional info, keywords, etc)
• An example...http://www.strongernutrition.com/Products/N.O.-Xplode-2.0-2760120.aspx
So all the info on this page is from the data feed. Images, stock code, UPC, weight, flavor, retail price, description, directions, Nutritional facts, warnings, keyworks, etc.
• Example of data available that needs to be fed/formatted for my site http://europadatafeed.com/details.cfm#
A Cron Job should grab Europa sports data feed xml file, needs to update nightly.
• My prices are contained in a separate file (csv). This will need to be imported then a markup applied, giving the customer price. I will need to be able to do this on a regular basis. This file is not available via FTP so I will have to go get the file and need a way to upload/update prices.
• Upon order submission, site needs to generate a pdf invoice that is emailed to me as well as my vendor, they use this to fill the order. Invoice must contain, quantity, part number, and item name. Customer name, address, phone, etc.
I have to pay to subscribe to the data feed so I’d like to start by using the sample data, once everything is functional and all items are fed and formatted correctly then I will get the subscription service and get the info to the developer.
Samples data can be found at http://europadatafeed.com/downloads.cfm