I teach various courses - online and in-person. For my courses, I have to take registrations from students, collect fees, add emails to a mailing list manually, send out course materials through email, etc. I'm looking to centralize and automate this process by creating a Student Enrollment Centre.
On my website (www.midadonline.com), the Student Enrollment Centre will perform the following tasks:
1. List the courses being offered. [Image 1.jpg]
2. Allow a user to enroll in a course. (If new student, requires Name, Email, Password, Gender, Location. If old student, just Email/Password) [Image 2.jpg]
3. Takes student to payment page. [Image 3.jpg]
4. Adds student to a mailing list.
5. Sends an automatic email to student after completion of registration.
6. Sends an automatic email to student upon completion of payment (could be online/in-person). Online payment conducted via Paypal.
7. After payment is complete, adds the student to the Moodle component of the website, where they can see course content.
1. All user information should be in a database that is accessible to the admin (me).
2. Admin should be able to add/remove courses by adding a row to a table in the database.
3. No UI required for the admin side.
I want a single user id/password for both the Student Enrollment Centre and the Moodle install. So this is something the developer must keep in mind. The exact details of how deep the Moodle integration will be is to be decided once we reach that stage.