Below a complete list of what I would like done (take notice that many of the things are quick fixes to do with altering the layout a bit). I will pay $250 upon completion of the project and an extra $100 bonus if you complete on 5/16/05. The website is base on vBulletin, so if you have experience modifying vBulletin, that would make your job a lot easier as there are already mods at vbulletin.org that do many of these things. Please bid $250, tell me what experience you have with modifying vBulletin and what coding experience you have if you are still are interested in the project.
The current (most up-to-date) work on the frontpage can be found at http://www.deal7.com/main.php.
Deal7.com FrontPage (main.php):
- show only deals from the last 2 days (The main deal news should be on the front page for only 2 days maximum.)
- Remove the "Logged In" box, simply place "Welcome Back: (username)" on the Nav bar
- Small indent for all lines but the first line under announcements.
- Place a couple more pixels spaces between "Announcements" and "Hottest Deals"
- "Hottest Deals" and deal postings can be closer to the right edge (there is a huge gap).
- Have a "why register?" next to log in similar to what i have currently at index.php.
- align the picture and "view deal" to the top (flush with the price and not at the bottom)
- indicate merchant in the deal posting for now (see index.php to see what it should look like).
- when an admin is logged in, have a "refresh post" (right-side aligned on the same line as the subject of the post) link show next to posts so that an admin can easily make it so that it's like the post was just posted at that moment (moves post to the top of main.php)
- Have the border on main.php extend up along the red portion (above the nav bar) and along the logo section
- "Hottest Deals" should should be decided by most clicks on the text "view Deal" for the first 2 days only
- When logged in as an admin... see how many clickthrus next to "hottest deals" in parenthesis.
- If there is an expiration date for deals.. have it say "expired" in red onthe left side of the price
- Show search box even for users that are not logged in (guests)
- Have the search box on the front page search only the the forum "Deal7.com Deals" by default.
- Have a check box in the search box on the front page that says "Search all Ultra Deals"
- When you mouse over "View Deal", have it turn red (do the same for the forums).
- RSS/XML capabilties (there should be a mod for this on vbulletin.org)
- SEO tags placed in.
- Link to a form to send email to me (so that i dont have to show my email address)
DEALTOOL.PHP (in the forums):
- Place some pixel space between deal description and picture from postings produced by DealTool.
- After you "sumbit" a deal via the "dealtool" in the forums, do not redirect away from the dealtool page.
- Admin page to insert new merchants and alter affiliate links associated with the merchant that show up on the dealtool (the affiliate link will be used in the jump.php function).
MerchantList (similar to http://www.techbargains.com/vendorinfo.cfm):
- Have the "merchant list" display all the merchants
- Admin page to modify infomation about these merchants (probably same admin panel as the one for Dealtool.php).
- If i do not fill in certain infomational field for a merchant... those fields should not be displayed).
- When clicking on the logo in the forums, it should bring the user to the homepage.
- When mailing out the forums password forgotten email... do not duplicate "forums forums"
- Fix glitch in skin: http://www.deal7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54, text is same color as background
- a way to "tell a friend" about the deals (essentially takes email addresses and sends a pre-written email about the particular deal)
- a way to "tell a friend" about the site (essentially sends a prewritten email with some customized words about the site)
- SEO the frontpage
- Change everywhere where it might say "Deal7" to "(new domain)"
- Insert my new logo at top for homepage and forums page.
- Change index.php to index-old.php
- Change main.php to index.php
- QA the change from Deal7.com to (new domain)
- Admin Panel to place and track ads on the homepage (leave the whole sidebar underneath content for area to just place any sort of ads).