You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I'm looking for a professional programmer with EXCELLENT knowledge in SSH, Postgre and Perl, for whom this should be a very simple project, to continue the work of a former programmer.
Previous experience in Reddit.com source code is a PLUS.
Proficiency in English language, good communication skills and online availability are required.
Reddit has gone Opensource as you already know, and Id like to use their code to build an Aggregation News website in Arabic.
Half of the work is already done, and the Script is completely installed on my VPS.
- Webserver + Perl + Sql installed.
- Reddit script installed.
- Sql imported.
- Webserver configured to work on port 8080
WHAT is STILL LEFT TO BE DONE:
- Configure default language to Arabic (It might involve some language pack install).
- Design a simple "admin control panel" to administer the website, i.e adding admin users, managing categories, adding/removing ads, and filtering spam, OR simply provide me with a list of commands to execute these tasks via SSH. OR maybe there is a control panel already in the source code that I don't know about, but I'm just saying.
- Configure webserver to work on port 80.
- Add DNS records for domain, bring domain online.
- Server webserver to auto install (reason why the site is down now)
- The website will be in Arabic language, so the DEFAULT interface language setting should be switched to "Arabic" [Check "language" button on top right corner of Reddit.com website" and the template should be flipped RTL].
- Reddit Documentation and installation details from start to finish are available here: http://code.reddit.com
- Below is a list of sites already running Reddit script.
That's it folks.
Good luck and Happy Bidding.