You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are a team of 3 developers building a Web 2.0 consumer subscription service in Ruby on Rails. We are looking for an experienced developer to join our team on an on-going long-term basis.
* At least 20 hours per week
* Starting as soon as possible
* Ruby/Rails expert
* Be comfortable working in a team environment. All of us are located in different places. We communicate via specs, lots of IM, and make heavy use of SVN.
* Examples of projects:
* Integrate an affiliate system
* Build business intelligence reports
* Help us improve automated test coverage
* Help improve our credit-card fraud detection system
* Current status of our project:
* We've been running this business for about 1 year.
* As of 3 months ago our site is entirely on Rails.
* The main scenarios for signup, billing, and administration are all done already. Our remaining work mostly consists of adding features on top of our existing code-base. (which we like to think is reasonably well-designed and written)
* Ultimately we want to work with you on an hourly basis where you record your time in a google spreadsheet and we pay every 1-2 weeks.
* Before that, as our first project, let's start with a fixed-price project. (your bid here) This should give us a fixed number of hours of your time, after which we'll decide whether to continue the relationship and switch to a per-hour basis.
* In your bid, please indicate the following:
* A few sentences about your level of experience with Ruby/Rails. How complex systems have you built, and what role did you play in those projects?
* Your level of experience with automated tests.
* Your hourly rate.
* Your timezone and working hours.
* Number of hours you'd be available per week for the next 4 weeks.
* Please bid about $500, and indicate how many hours that includes.