You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking to build a domain management platform for internal use only. It's similar to WHMCS with only domain management features. There must be a simple web interface as well as an API (preferably RESTful, to be used with our main Rails platform).
The role of this platform is a standardized abstraction layer of multiple registrar APIs. We are a domain name startup, and technically we could have integrated the registrar APIs directly with our application. However we quickly realized that our app will be mostly filled with complicated registrar logic and it'll become unscalable as we grow.
The following features are NOT REQUIRED:
- Billing, Invoices and Shopping Cart
- Payment system
- Customer authentication
- DNS management
- Fancy designs
We need the following features to be included:
- Complete integration with at least OpenSRS, eNom and TPP Wholesale
- Domain availability checking
- Register domains
- Renew domains
- Transfer domains
- Fetching/Updating Nameservers
- Fetching/Updating WHOIS contacts
- Adding/Updating/Deleting glue records (aka registering nameservers)
- Expiration dates syncing cron jobs
- Requesting EPP code
- Transfer status checking
As this platform is to be used with our main Rails application, the following features are preferred:
- Module-based integration with other registrar API in the future
- JSON RESTful API
- Web interface and API share the same endpoints (the only difference should be just the interface, really)
- Ruby code and tests (preferred but not required)
- A Rubygem to interact with the platform (preferred but not required)
Customers do not have access to this platform. Therefore a simplistic and neat design is good enough.