You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am looking for VERY PROMPT assistance with adding features to a website MySQL/PHP driven admin for a database/dynamic website for a community newspaper.
------> EXISTING SYSTEM:
The existing admin system allows the site owner to maintain his database for stories - current features section, targeted section with 2 key stories and an archive of all previous stories. The story portion of the admin is fully functional and includes:
- story title
- short story teaser (for table of contents page)
- upload a photo (.jpeg)
The feature stories preview in a teaser portion on the homepage and are clickable to a individual full-story page with print friendly and add this sharing features. The archive stories database is searchable and lists results with pagination.
There is also a portion of the admin that enables the owner to add a monthly feature text and image that is dynamically added to the homepage.
------> UPDATES NEEDED:
- The code for dynamic content needs to be added to a new website design CSS/HTML template. This design is complete and the pages are properly coded.
- ADD a second monthly feature in the admin that can be added to the homepage. Currently there is the option for one.
-.ADD a 'Calendar’ tab in the admin with functionality to include a ‘This week’ and ‘Next week’ highlighted events boxes on the homepage with details. An HTML input box with functionality to add images would work. A WYSIWYG editor or Word style input area would be perfect.
- ADD a ‘Banners/Advertisers’ tab with functionality to add top of page headline banner and right column square banners that would link to the appropriate advertisers webpage and open in a new window. The owner will be uploading web optimized and correct pixel sized JPEG, GIF or PNG images.
The homepage should have the option to be managed separately, but the inside pages would all be the same. The banners would rotate randomly on the pages (but of course not repeat so the same banner appears multiple times on the same refreshed page).
- The stories archive database is becoming very large - 37 pages. We need to verify stability for the long-term and improve management both in the admin and for users.
For the admin, add a search function and the ability to delete multiple stories at once.
For website visitors, we need to to add a category field for each story and then be able to add a predefined sort/search for users based on this data. (since stories currently do not have this field, the ability for the owner to go through all stories must be easy - we need a fixed and updateable drop down categories list that can be applied to all archive stories??) We also need to add meta keywords and meta description field to be built into generated pages to improve SEO and are looking for your other recommendation in this SEO area.
- Update the 'Add this' links on generated pages to our own links (twitter, facebook, email and the main social media) since on some computers the icons are not visible due to browser plug-ins being disabled?
- Setup a secondary master username/password so that I have access to the admin to change the owner's password in case he changes his access or forgets. Since the programming was done by another party, we also need to ensure that the database is locked down and that this party no longer has access.
We would need this updates installed and made fully functional on our server that has mySQL and cPanel access. A backup of the full database and system should also be provided with direction for installation on the server.
Please provide samples of previous work similar to this need, especially samples of a similar backend would be great. THANK YOU!