Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Each product in our database has information fields associated with it that cannot be automatically fed into Easy Populate, examples include packaging details, MSRP, etc. (total extra data fields/product ~ 15)… Your job is to do simple mods to the following:
1) Easy Populate 2.75
2) Product info page
3) New/Edit product pages
I’m a coder. Please bid only if you’re totally familiar/comfortable with osCommerce AS WELL AS CRE LOADED 6.15!!
Review our setup first:
- Fresh install of CRE Loaded 6.15 (osCommerce ms2.2 with a bunch of pre-loaded contributions)
- Easy Populate Advanced 2.75 (packaged with CRE Loaded 6.15) => Sample EP file attached (shows expected fields)
- Our offline product database: For each product there are about 15 extra info fields besides the columns that Easy Populate accepts. These are not options, just fixed attributes which we would like to display on the product info/detail pages. Examples include MSRP, Material details, packaging, etc.
1. We want you to modify Easy Populate (see attached EP downloaded file) to enable us to import all product info columns from our database directly into CRE Loaded edition of osCommerce. We then want to be able to display the extra fields on product info pages, and to modify/add new info for other products. For the sake of upgradability and scalability we want you to change as little of the standard CRE Loaded/osC database as possible. Unless you know a better way, my suggestion is to create an extra table in the DB associating the extra data fields with the product_IDs.
2. On the product info page we want to have a 2 column table (sample table attached) showing those product fields that are not null/empty. If they are not null, we want the name of the field on the left and the value on the right (e.g. | Packaging | 2 X 5 | ). Some other extra piece of text should also be displayed just below the product description.
3. On the EDIT/NEW product pages we want text fields used for inputting the extra data for each product.
I have to point out that I’m a programmer and that I expect professional quality code, along with good code comments. Time is of the essence, which is why we’re outsourcing. Also, looking for a long-term outsourcing partner.