Need some work done? Post a Project Today
we require a complete rewrite of our online ordering system.
this is a B2B website, so not open to the public.
currently, the way our system works is through simple order form written in html and php. it collects the users inputs on a page, and when the user clicks on buy after entering all the required qty's, a php written form2email script, emails the order to a nominated email address.
we currently have about 10-12 forms for various categories of products we sell.
there is a db that has some of the products and there is a php script that displays it, but this is written very badly and hard to maintain.
this is a fairly simple project, as most of the php coding is already done, only a little extra is needed.
what we require done is the following.
1. start a new mysql db, we still require the old system to still work as normal.
2. you will need to add all the required fields for new data, ie product details, pricing etc.
3. we will provide excel spreadsheets, one excel spreadsheet has all the product information with image name in one of the columns (which is important). the other excel spreadsheet will have product pricing information. there may be several excel spreadsheets, but i should be able to combine it.
4. you will need to upload this excel data into the new mysql db.
5. you will also copy the users table over from the old system, add price level field onto it. it should login the same way as the old system.
6. once we have the db all setup, there needs to be a way to update the db through an automated way. there needs to be a weekly updating of the db with new pricing, new products etc. we should be able to control this ourselves. so whether a simple vb program made to update the db or a process to rehash the db with updated data. further discussion is required here. perhaps a cronjob that uses a csv we can upload every week.
7. a new main page must be created. framed. 3 frames. left side of the frame must contain a content list, where it is the product category. user clicks the category of the product to view the order form. the middle frame will contain the ordering form. the right hand side of the frame will contain a running total and a snapshot of what the customer is ordering.
8. the right frame needs to be updated as the user clicks out or tabs out of the current field and an update cart button should be on every page just incase.
9. the cart needs to be saved in the db all the time, as a customer can logout and come back to the order anytime. there should be a submit order button somewhere on the screen, to send the order via email to us.
10.coming back to pictures of the products. we have mostof the pics of our products, these need to be uploaded in one directory. it will be up to the user to either view all the small thumbs next to the product or choose to hide all the pics on the orderform. show/hide images button will control this, if the user chooses to only view selected product pictures, when all the pics are hidden, there should be a small clickable button next to all the products where, once clicked, it will show that products picture as a thumb. if the user clicks on the thumb, it should open the picture in a new window.
11. we have all the php, html sources to work with. so you will reuse a lot of our current scripts to acheive this project.
12. you must be very strong php, html, mysql programmer. have good design skills and be able to complete the project on time, on budget and all neccessary mistakes, tweeks need to rectified quickly.
if there is any additions to the project, it will be added to this list.
thankyou and hope to receive your quote soon.