FACEBOOK - OPEN GRAPH - DEVELOPER BRIEF
We are looking to create a Facebook Open Graph Application for PulseRadio.net designed
to increase the viral spread of the site content on social media.
Here is an example of a similar application which is an extremely close reference for what
we are looking to create: http://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/
We want to have identical functionality and layout as with the application mentioned above
and pull content from the website category feeds.
2. App Structure
We'd like to feature the following categories in the open graph application:
- Banner ad space at the very top which is automatically synched with the website banners
visible at the very top here http://pulseradio.net
- Invite your facebook friends button.
- Share on twitter button.
- Most Popular right now / pulling data from the "Hightlights" section at http://pulseradio.net
- Podcasts / pulling data from http://pulseradio.net/podcasts/
- Videos / pulling data from http://www.youtube.com/PulseRadioDotNet
- Latest News / pulling data from http://pulseradio.net/news
- Latest Features / pulling data from http://pulseradio.net/features
- Latest Interviews / pulling data from http://pulseradio.net/interviews
- Latest Reviews / pulling data from http://pulseradio.net/reviews
- Recommended Mixtapes / pulling rss data from http://pulseradio.net/mixtapes/index/
- Most Popular Mixtapes / pulling rss data from http://pulseradio.net/mixtapes/index/
- Competitions / pulling data from http://pulseradio.net/competitions
- Pulse Twitter feed synched with: https://twitter.com/pulseradio
- Pulse Facebook feed synched with: http://www.facebook.com/PulseRadio and showing
which of your friends are already following the Pulse Radio page already.
- Activity Stream / like with the Guardian App showing what content has been read by your
3. Music Player
We also want to integrate the Pulse Radio music player in the Open Graph app in a similar
way to how itʼs been done on Mixcloud, so when someone clicks on the play button the
relevant Pulse page takes over the screen.
4. Social Stream
The objective of this app is that whenever someone reads an article via the app this
activity gets broadcasted in the userʼs wall, the ticker so respectively all of their friends get
to see this in their news feeds and ticker boxes.
5. Site Proﬁle
Adding the app on Facebook should automatically register an user proﬁle on Pulse Radio.
Just like with mixcloud, essentially this function acts as a “facebook connect” action which
we already have on site here: http://pulseradio.net/users/signin