You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
4 COLOUR P/M/L/T LIGHTING PRODUCT
Product is an interactive lighting device, running a Cree MC-E star PCB with RGBW chip mounted.
The unit is to be controlled ideally by an Arduino Uno R3.
A continuous current 12V DC power supply exists.
A circuit to create the 9V DC supply to the Arduino exists.
A circuit with 4 x MOSFET devices to drive RGBW chip exists.
A set of 4 push to make push buttons will act as user input, to select mode of operation (these have integral LED, so require a digital output each):
P = Passive (Idle condition/Reset condition)
M = Momentary
L = Latched
T = Timed
A set of 4 push to make push buttons (these have integral LED, so require a digital output each) will be used to select timing period (when mode T is selected):
T1 = 10 seconds
T2 = 20 seconds
T3 = 30 seconds
T4 = 60 seconds
A set of 4 push to make push buttons (without LED) will determine colour selection manually:
A set of 2 push to make push buttons (without LED) that step up/step down the brightness
Mode of operation:
1. Upon power up, the product will go into ‘idle’ mode; this will be an automatic colour swirl (changing colour pattern) display running continuously until either power off, or a button is pressed to change the mode.
2. Pressing the Passive (P) button acts as a Reset at any time, reverting to the colour swirl.
3. If M mode is selected (M button LED Lights), the colour display will change to WHITE. The user can then press either the Red, Green, Blue or Yellow buttons to change to the matching colour WHILE the button is pressed. As soon as button released, colour changes back to WHITE. If no button is pressed after 15 minutes the system returns to automatic colour swirl, and the LED is lit on the Passive button.
4. If L mode is selected (L button LED lights), the colour display will change to WHITE. The user can then press the Red, Green, Blue or Yellow buttons to change to the matching colour – the button LATCHES i.e. colour remains after button released, until either another button is pressed or 15 minutes of no input causes the system to revert to automatic swirl and the LED is lit on the Passive button.
5. If T mode is selected (T button LED lights), the colour display will change to WHITE. The user can then press the Red, Green, Blue or Yellow buttons to change to the matching colour for a pre-determined time (T1, T2, T3 or T4). The colour will remain until T1, T2, T3, T4 time-out, or another button is pressed, or after 20 minutes of no input the system reverts to Passive mode (automatic colour swirl) as above.
a. Future development may include more colour choices/inputs and control via Bluetooth (Android app). So suggest using Phi_interfaces hardware library to ease upgrade at a later date
b. May need to put input buttons on resistor network analogue input, as Arduino does not have enough input/output
c. All coding to be clear i.e. if I need to change the RGBW values to suit a particular RGBW chip, then I need to be able to find in the code and change easily.
d. Similarly, all timing variables need to be easy to find and modify in the code.