You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I need a custom written IMAP class for PHP which doesn't rely on the PHP IMAP extension or the Zend framework. I should be able to use it as a standalone class. I know the IMAP support of the Hastymail project is very reliable and fast and that's the one where it should be based on. I want it to be a single class, not a whole bunch of classes. Most important is PERFORMANCE, which the Zend framework and PHP_IMAP lack unfortunately.
- Single class in one file
- It should support IMAPS (for use with Gmail)
This is to illustrate my needs, the names don't necessarily have to be the same.
getters and setters
- server address
connect / disconnect
- to connect or disconnect to / from the server
getLastError / getError
- to see if something went wrong during the request
- return a threaded list of mailboxes with:
-- mailbox name
-- mailbox id
-- number of messages
-- number of unread messages
- return array of email id's
- need to be able to set a number of email id's to fetch
- need to be able to set the mailbox id to fetch emails from
- need to be able to set the message flag (read, unread, etc.) to fetch
- need to be able to set the sorting direction based on date
- return array of emails
- return all message parts and all fields available
Note: if it's more efficient to find and get emails at once and return an array that's fine with me. Performance is the most important!
deleteEmail (or deleteEmails)
- delete an email from the server based on ID
- set the status of an email to READ or UNREAD based on ID
Please think twice before you bid on this project. I want high quality and high performance and the class needs to be well documented.
If you have any other ideas feel free to contact me, my ideas above aren't necessarily the best.