You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We need a SWF file that will run a custom chat application that uses Firebase as the database and responds quickly. My client is using the Adobe Connect interface that has it's own chat module, but that chat is not accessible from outside of the Adobe interface. There is an XMPP "pod" for Adobe Connect and we have been using this but it's horrible in terms of speed.
For this project, we need a pod built for Adobe Connect that will communicate with the Firebase database. The database is the one established by the Firechat application ([url removed, login to view]) which we are using on our website front-end.
So this project is solely to create a SWF that can interact with the Firebase. I found a Firebase Client connector for Flash (though I'm not sure if this is relevant anymore or not) here: [url removed, login to view]
Features of the pod:
1. Allow participants to chat in the one main chat room for the meeting
2. List all participants in the chat (retrieved from Firebase)
3. Allow participants to engage other participants in private chat (again see the Firechat module for example of how the private chat operation is done).
4. Allow participants to block (or ignore) specific participants
Workflow of the pod:
1. Admin creates a new Adobe Connect meeting (we will provide access to client Adobe account) and adds the custom pod you create. Upon adding to the meeting, the pod will have to ask for the name of the room to be used in this show. This data is saved to the Adobe Connect meeting data. The admin typically will do this days or weeks in advance of the meeting.
2. Participants join the meeting at the time of the meeting. The pod loads and asks the participant to type in a name. The pod then connects to the Firebase system and does an "anonymous" login using the name entered. User is then able to see the participant list (1/3rd width column on right) and the tabbed chat area (2/3rd width column on the left).
3. User can then begin chatting.
1. Design: Very basic layout, similar to the Firechat but will some customization. We will provide example of layout upon beginning the project.
2. NO invitations to outside users to chat. While the chats are not secured by user/pass authentication, the chat is to be considered closed.
3. No keyboard/keystroke functions/shortcuts.
4. Aspect ratio is generally around 3:1, but user can resize all they want.
5. Adobe Connect Custom Integration info: [url removed, login to view]
6. Adobe Connect Pod development: [url removed, login to view] It's older but I think still relevant.
We had enlisted another developer using just Flash and Actionscript but it became abundantly clear that the development of a pod really needs to be done using Flex.
If you are interested in this project, please send your proposal and INCLUDE examples of work you've done. You must be available to begin work immediately and get it done very quickly.