You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Tired of hunting for new projects every day? Great, because we are looking for one (1) fulltime PHP/MySQL programmer. This is 100% remote work, you can be located anywhere in the world.
1. Most important: you are hired with us fulltime, this means you must not have any other employers/customers that you are working for. We might make an exception if your CV is great, but you need to be transparent.
2. We pay you for 8 hours work per day, but actually you'll just be working 6. 2 hours you can take a stroll in the park or do whatever else you please. :-)
3. Timezone: we are in GMT+2. If you are in another timezone, no problem, just have to be available - for example - during 10:00-18:00 GMT+2, or later, even up to 16:00-00:00 GMT+2 would be fine for us.
4. Do you want to stop worrying about a fixed income? If we see that you are worth your money, we'll give you a fixed contract for 6 months which will always renew for another 6 months.
5. Communication will be mostly via Skype and eMail.
6. We are a solid, technological innovative German company located in Germany, in business since 1998, focusing on hosting (dedicated servers) and VoIP/telecommunications (callthrough, conferencing, international calls, DIDs) and Linux consulting.
Now, your profile:
1. Perfect written English. Perfect grammar. Perfect punctuation.
2. Multiple years experience with PHP and MySQL under Linux.
3. Multiple years experience as a Linux sysadmin.
4. TCP/IP, routing, switching and a excellent understanding about "how the internet works". You must understand how the bits travel from your end of the world to the other end of the world.
5. Lots of experience with shellscripts (sh, bash).
6. Python skills are a plus.
7. Perl skills are a plus.
8. VoIP/SIP/Asterisk skills are a plus.
10. A lot of experience with Linux. You will work on remote Linux servers all the time. vi(m) will be your editor, ssh inevitably.
11. FreeBSD/OpenBSD skills are a plus.
12. Must work indepedently. You have perfect research skills. You understand technology and can figure out by yourself, for example, which payment system/gateway is best suited for a task.
13. Console, console, console. You love the console. If you think cPanel/WHM, WHMCS and Joomla is how hosting works, then you are the wrong guy for us.
14. Programming does not mean "copying code from others" to you.
Above all: you must be fully competent and motivated to work independently, without checking back with us all the time. Details are most important, and you must have a strong sense for perfectionism inbuilt in your character. If you think "Oh, I'm a PHP beginner and can just google for 90% of the information required for this job" then you are the wrong guy for us. Remember, we are Germans, and we expect perfect work because we provide perfect services. :-)
Can you answer the following questions without (!) googling?
- Which routing protocol keeps the internet connected?
- Which distribution is CentOS based on?
- What's the main difference between CentOS and Debian in terms of updating?
If you can, how about this:
- Ever set up a KVM VM from the console?
- How often did you install Linux on physical hardware? More than 30 times?
- Ever thought about playing with OpenStack or OpenNebula?
No, are not looking for a sysadmin, but if you can relate to these tasks we know you have the basic skills it requires to do the job.
Please send your CV as PDF.
Your bid will be your monthly income.