You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I'm looking to create an add-on for customers who are shopping my prints and posters. The store has been up and running for several years and now that I have a framing partner I want to allow customers to add a frame with their photos. My photos are available in a variety of sizes.
My thinking is the customer is on a product page. They select a photo size and they can either add to cart or frame this. If they click 'frame this' they would get a modal that pops up with a selection of frames(which I can administer on the backend - so this needs to be a plug-in, not just some hack).
I've included a quick ux image of what this should function like. Carousel that pulls images of frames from a 'frames' category that i am pulling from(in the admin you should be able to select which category is used to pull the frames from).
When user clicks on different frame the frame on top of the image changes, as well as the price. The price will be based on the frame and the print size they initially selected.
I am currently on Magento Community v1.4 but will be migrating over to 1.8 in the next few months so the plug-in should work on 1.4 as well as 1.8
Similar sites art.com, allposters.com
Front end features:
1) Give the customer the ability to select a frame based on their print size and frame type.
2) Frames from specified category displays in carousel.
3) Image preview will show frame border and matting(if selected) around the photo
4) Changing frame or matte will also change image preview.
5) Ability to select a mat/border for the frame (this goes inside the frame and has a cut out section for where the picture is).
6) Produce a cost with all options. (Cost is based on size of the image)
7) Add a comment section (will be optional textarea)
8) Ability to then add the final product to the shopping cart and purchase it or edit the framing options until happy
9) I have the option to add and remove frames and mat colors from the Admin back-end via a plug-in.
10)Should be responsive and use best practices.
1) Ability to enable/disable on the fly if need be.
2) Ability to select category I am pulling frames from