My project involves Sport Betting.
I receive sport betting tips in my email.
The following process had to be automatic:
- See the tip in gmail (its a text)
- Search for the best odds (oddsportal.com or each individual bookmaker - whatever is faster -)
- Place the bet in the bookmaker (the book makers I will use will be pinnaclesports and sbobet, right now I just want to have a simple version of the software with only these two bookmakers but the plan is to increase to 10 bookmakers in a later update if this first version works fine. PInnacle sports provides API instructions for developers to make apps working on their site so part of the job is already done)
- The bet should not be placed if the odds are under certain number (that is specified in the email tip)
- All this process has to be as fast as possible. The tips comes trough email at different times everyday, so the App has to check every few seconds.
What i set up:
- Ammount of money of the bets. (should be the same amount for every bet, unless some bet gets limited and/or the odds in every site are below the number set up in the e-mail tip)
- Login and passwords for all websites
What could go wrong:
- The ammount of bet is higher than what the bookmaker accepts. In this case, the App has to place the maximum bet thats allowed (always ronding down to a multiple of 50); re-search the best odds, and do a second (or how many necessary) bet, in order to complete the total amount that I have set.
- The bet is not place due to recent change of the odds. In this case, the App has to repeat the process (search the odds and place the bet)
- The name of each team can be different in the email tip and the bookmaker and oddsportal. Example: Turin and Torino. App must identify and place the bet correctly.
- The name of the competion can be different in the email and the bookmaker and oddsportal. Example: The tip may say that the game is a "Friendly", while the bookmaker may list under "Spain - Manga Cup".
Additional Project Description:
05/14/2013 at 3:02 AKDT
The App should run in a Windowns PC (7 and 8)