We have already an existing system which can cut and merge automatically videos.
We are using ffmpeg, imagemagick (graphic) and sox for sound.
What we want:
- to improve the quality of the output
- be more flexible with effects (maybe melt/mlt is an approach)
- get a stabile version
- find an outsourcing partner which support and expand this system permanently (long-term)
Our System do:
- cut and trim the videos
- merge videos
- create sublines
- make optionally transitions (only fade-in)
- make a background-music overlay and ajust sound levels
Basically it is a very easy and clear system. We have a table with following fields (and some more):
- Mediatype (image or video)
- Source-file (e.g. a video with 20 seconds)
- IntOrder (the position of the video in the whole system
- IntStart (in seconds – for example second 5 to start)
- intend (in seconds – example “12” – so the videolenth is 7 seconds
- strSubline (the text for this video)
- soundlevel (level for the sound in the video)
- musiclevel (level for the background music in the video)
- strEffectStart (we have only “no effect” and we have a “fade” effect
So we trim the videos with ffmpeg. For transitions we are using ffmpeg to split the videos in images and are using imagemagick to make it transparent and overlay. This is our actual kind of transition making. Subtitles we create with imagemagick and merge it with ffmeg.
Sox we are using to handle the sounds. With these tools we created our video-editing tool.
At the moment we are using avi-files because we had problems with mp4. But basically we can create each file-type with our video uploading system.
Asp.net: Our main website is developed in Asp.net. Our System is to fill a table (by asp.net) with all necessary commands for ffmpeg, sox, … and only “call” the linux server which read this table and only execute the commands in this table. The full logic is actually in our asp.net application. Linux just run the commands in the prepared table. (mysql). But we are open to any other solution. (maby mlt)
We are looking for:
- a person/enterprise which can make a “starting project” and if everything is ok we want to outsource further development in this area
- so we need a “fulltime-freelancer” or an enterprise which have the possibility also to make larger projects in this field and deliver a continuous support
- you can improve and work on our existing project
- you can make a “new” project
We are open for any suggestion concerning the technologie (ffmpeg, melt, kdenlive or anything else)
(http://www.mltframework.org). You can make also the full logic in php.
Please also make a short description which similar projects concerning ffmpeg/video editing you have already done. We need someone with experience in these fields.