I have a website using Wordpress and have a custom plugin that was written by another developer to meet the needs of my site. However, I have begun to use a new theme on Wordpress (Hayden) and my plugin is now not compatible with this theme and is causing problems with my site (see attached image Screenshot3 for my site with this plugin activated. And see attached image Screenshot5 for my site with this plugin deactivated [how the theme should look]). I need my custom plugin to be fully compatible with this new Wordpress installed theme and to work the way it does in my old theme (Mystique).
(The purpose of the site is be able to study different Bible Translations from a page that acts as a virtual library, where my plugin organises these Bibles from a database into a sortable table.)
Secondly I would also like a few simple modifications made to the way the plugin functions:
1. Change the jQuery UI theme from South Street to Smoothness.
2. Currently the table only uses the width of the middle section of the page. I would like the table to extend horizontally to fill about 80-90% of the whole page width. This would result in more tabs fitting horizontally across the page.
3. The text on some of the tabs extends too far to the right edge leaving no space. I would like the same distance of space (padding) on the right side of the tab as is on the left. Make the width of the tabs automatically extend around the text leaving blank space either side of the text in each tab. Tabs are to vary in size depending on the length of text. Examples of the tabs that wont change are: Ezra, Job and Song. (See image 'Screenshot-arrows').
4 Force the loader to be centered on the page in all screen resolutions.
5. Have the word ‘Loading’ appear under the loader.
6. The arrows in the toolbar to have an embossed look when the column hasn’t been sorted/clicked (i.e. when the page first loads, the 'Author' and 'Links' column arrows should look embossed as the 'Translation Title' column is selected by default), but only blue in the direction it is sorting (i.e. when sorted A-Z the up arrow is blue and down is grey, and when sorted from Z-A the down arrow blue and up grey). See image (Screenshot-arrows) as a rough mock-up example.
7. For most of the Bible Translations represented in the table there are corresponding links which opens different web sites. The links work fine expect after doing a search query. The current outcome of a search query often produces wrong and random links. I need this fixed so a search query always brings the links corresponding with the correct Bibles entered in my database.
8. Search toolbar is not working like the main toolbar. I would like them both to work the same.
9. At the moment the tenth result appears first on the next page. I don’t want this to happen. Make sure only ten results per page.
10. After entering a search query that doesn’t match any Translations/Author names, give message stating: No results.
11. Prevent page refreshing when pressing enter for a search query when using IE.
As there almost 2000 entries in the Wordpress database the page takes a long time to load search queries. I will pay more if there is a faster/more efficient way to produce these results.
Additional Project Description:
10/16/2013 at 12:05 CST
To clarify, the table mentioned is a jQuery UI tabbed widget. The database mentioned, which the table uses, is made up of manually entered Wordpress posts. I have almost 2000 posts entered which contain unique information, web links and my own custom code which is used to sort the information in the table.