You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We need to develop a software to compare book prices from these sources:
Something along the lines of this:
This software should scrape (or through public API?) specific ISBN and return prices of NEW books from all those 4 websites. The GUI should be minimal. This program needs to run in real time (prices updated in real time...maybe Java?) and needs to form a list of books available on at least 2 websites or more. We have a server that can run pretty much anything, from php to java to ruby. You will need to use that server.
Once the list is compiled (into a mysql database) the list needs to run in real time or within an hourly schedule.
We are not sure how many books can the software scrape each hour. Can you give us an estimate? What if the software runs from several different servers? We do have several servers.
Once the list is compiled, an internal algorithm selects books with a difference in price which can be set by us (usually $7 or more). These selected books will create a list that will be displayed in the GUI and monitored.
We want to develop this software up to this point, but there is a whole other part of this program that will be developed by November 2013, not now. If you do a good job at this first part, you will develop the other part too which will be discussed later.
- you have to be able to work very close with us and communicate on a daily basis
- you have to have a lot of experience in webscraping, php and sql
- you have to release all the codes completely no exceptions
- we are looking for somebody that will work with us for years to come, this is not a one time project might require us to hire you on a monthly basis to manage, update, improve or fix the software. If you cannot make a commitment, please don't apply.
- WE DO NOT RELEASE ANY MILESTONES unless the software is entirely working. Period, please don't ask. We had many people start projects and disappear after a while leaving us with nothing. If the software is not complete and working, you won't be paid.
- also I hate to mention this, but because of bad experiences in the past, we will leave you negative feedback here if you just disappear or not follow up with us. Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but we are tired of having projects half done with flaky people and our business basically halted. We are very patient and pleasant to work with, you should be too.
We are open to suggestions, if you have a better way to do this, please let us know!