Need some work done? Post a Project Today
High level overview –
Visit an amazon product page, add a high number of products to the cart, if the seller doesn't have that many products in stock, Amazon will only allow you to add to the cart the actual number in stock i.e. 36. Revisit the product page in 24 hrs and repeat the process. The difference between the two "added to cart" number is the number of products sold in the 24hr period.
1.User adds an Amazon product URL into scraper UI
2. Scraper/automater visits product page and adds 2000 of the products to the cart. If 2000 are able to be added to the cart, empty cart and stop (i.e. Supplier has at least 2000 products in stock)
3. If the cart has less than 2000 added to it, capture that number i.e. 348 and store in DB and clear cart
4. Revisit the product in 24 hours and repeat.
5. Then calculate Visit 1 cart # minus Visit 2 Cart #
6. Show in UI, the product URL, product name, number of products visit 1/visit 2, total sold in 24hrs and the ability to run the scrape again
Example Product Page