Our website has been hacked and our hosting company has taken our site down. Instructions are below on how to fix it.
- This must be completed ASAP.
- Security flaw must be found and fixed.
- More projects will follow this.
I am on Skype if needed.
Thanks for taking the time to read this ticket. This site has been disabled as it was found to have been compromised and has been launching malicious processes.
Typically, such sites are uploaded automatically by malicious scripts taking advantages of weaknesses in a site's code. Therefore, before we'll be able to re-enable this site, we'll need to know that the malicious site has been removed and that the original vulnerability has been removed. Therefore, you should now:-
- Backup your database
- Download a copy of your site, but keep it separate from your clean backups.
- Delete all files from your hosting package.
- Contact us so that we can confirm that the package is clean.
- Change any passwords relating to the site, including database, administration, FTP, and mailboxes
- Rebuild your site from the latest releases of your CMS, or upload a known clean backup and update all scripts to the latest releases. If your site is custom-built, you should review the HTTP logs and vulnerable source to identify the issue, and resolve it.
- Audit your site's security. Have you removed any installation files, checked directory permissions, removed any un-needed modules?
- Contact us to re-enable the site.
If you require any assistance, please ask - we can, for example, delete all files from your hosting package to avoid having to do this via FTP, and offer advice on security best practice to help keep your site secure in the future.
Heart Internet Support