You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I'm looking for someone who's an expert at PHP and MySQL to help create a new quiz based competition website. The basic idea behind the website is that members pay to play quizzes against other online players in order to win cash prizes.
The quiz is based on flash, and has already been created by another coder, so you don't have to worry about the actual quiz console. There is a fairly much complete MySQL database already created by the flash coder, so much of the work in this area has already been done. Also, a designer has already created the basic design for the website, so you don't need to worry about this either.
What you need to do is produce all the php based pages which make the site work. This involves coding the PHP, and integrating it with the existing database and design, in order to present me with a finished quiz website.
In the deliverables section I have listed all the pages that I think I need, although there may be a couple I've missed out. There are 2 main sections to do: an admin area and a member area.
The admin area will mainly consist of PHP pages which interface with the database - ie. browse users, edit quizzes etc. This will need to be fast and easy to use, as well as being secure, as I don't want my members logging into the secure admin area!!
The members area is what my site users will use, and again needs to be secure so that users can only access their own accounts. This will include things like edit profile, and withdraw winnings.
Finally, you will also need to create some php scripts which make the site "work". These scripts will do functions such as deciding which quiz players got the highest score etc.
As I said above, a more complete list of what is required is in the deliverables section. Thanks for reading this bid request, and I look forward to receiving your bid soon!
As I said above, basically you need to create a quiz website where users can play quizzes for cash, and win cash prizes! To do that, here are most of the specific pages which will be required:
- Browse Quizzes
- Header / Footer
_1. Non members and those who have not logged in will still be able to browse through the quizzes that are avaliable, but when they decide to play the quiz they will be redirected to a login page.
2. The header and footer have been created by the designer. This includes side menu's. You will need to integrate these in PHP so that each page includes the header/footer. Also, the header/footer need to be personalised with the user's username etc. I need different headers/footers depending on if the user is logged in or not.
3. When the user joins they may have been referred by another user or an affiliate program. The site needs to track the referrer and submit it to the database when they join. The user may also have a signup code which should be added to the database, and may entitle them to a signup bonus etc.
- Member Front
- Edit Profile / Account Options
- Deposit Cash
- Withdraw Winnings
- View Unstarted / Pending / Complete quizzes
- Browse Quizzes (By category, view all etc)
- Join Quiz
- Browse Transaction History
- View / Claim Rewards
1. Users will deposit cash using several methods, including PayPal and a UK payment provider called Nochex. There is information avaliable on the respective websites which explains how to integrate these payment methods so that the script can automatically add the deposits to the user's account.
2. You will have noticed the "view/claim rewards" point above. Basically, every time a user takes a quiz they will earn reward points regardless of whether they win or lose. Once they have enough reward points they can claim a reward in this section. Rewards may include free cash to use on the site.
- Welcome page / earning statistics
- Browse / search / edit users
- Browse / search / edit / add quiz questions
- Browse / search / edit / add quizzes
- Browse / search / edit quiz entries
- Browse / search / edit quiz rounds
- Email selected/all users (in HTML or Text)
- Edit site options
- Browse / search / edit / add transactions
- Add / edit payment options
- Add / edit Admin User and Permissions (see below!)
- Browse / Search Logs
- Browse / edit / add rewards
- View / edit pending reward requests
- View / edit pending withdrawl requests
1. It would be useful if I could have several admin members, each with different permissions so that some admin members cannot access certain areas/features of the admin side of the site. (For instance admin user "fred" might be able to browse users accounts, but not edit them)
2. Each payment option needs its own php script so that payments are automatically verified and added to a user's account. When I add a payment option I need to add a php script to the site to make it work, I understand this won't be done automatically!
3. The logs will log every event that happens on the site for security. Ie. each time someone logs in, and each time a setting is changed etc. Financial Transactions are stored in the Transactions table, so we can keep track of the site's finances.
4. The rewards and withdrawls will work in a similar way, the user will reach a required amount and withdraw their cash, or claim a reward. It will be added as pending in a database. Admin then clicks a button once it has been processed, and it is set as complete in the database. Admin needs to be able to see the details (ie. payment account number etc) on the reward / withdrawl pages. They also need to be able to filter just complete or just pending withdrawls/reward requests.
As mentioned in the bid request description, several php scripts will need to be created to make the whole site work. No scripts are actually required for the quiz itself. It selects its own questions etc without you needing to do anything (other than ensure there's questions there to pick!). However, you need to create scripts to add entries to the quiz database, and decide winners etc. I cannot list the specific php scripts required here, as it is something the winning coder will need to work out (it relies on php knowledge!). But basically it is things like calculating winners, checking to see if the status of the quiz has changed, checking that the user has enough cash on their account if they are trying to play a quiz, adding winnings to the correct user's account, and updating the transactions database etc. In my opinion (and I'm not a PHP expert), most of this sounds pretty standard, and mainly involves using php to connect to a mysql database and get data, and then presenting it on a HTML page.
I've tried to mention all the pages that I think will be required, although there's bound to be a few pages that I have forgotten, which will be quite obvious once you start coding. I am looking for a coder who is flexible in their approach, and doesn't mind a few reasonable pages being added to the job in order to make the site complete.
A lot more information and support will be given to the chosen coder once the job is under way. Don't worry if you don't understand exactly what is required from every page above - as we go along I will explain my requirements so that we end up with an excellent finished website!
Take a look at my coder rating, and the bonuses that I've given to previous coders - you should enjoy working with me!
If you know PHP like the back of your hand, then this is definitely the job for you! Thank you for reading all this, and thank you for bidding!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
All common browsers.
**No flash work or knowledge required!
***(you just have to pass 2 variables to flash, in the format: /flashpage.php?VAR1=xxx&VAR2=yyy - thats all you have to do with the flash console!)*