You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Build an endurance sports website to track training progress (using various algorithms that quantify training stress along with tracking long term & short term training stress), software able to look at and monitor data points in athlete training data and offer training suggestions, GPS mapping from GPS training devices, access to a calendar that allows for custom workouts to be input by athlete or a coach (who would access athlete calendars from a separate coaching account). Two current sites we would sort of like to model & merge features are strava.com & trainingpeaks.com.
Trainingpeaks offers a great interface for coaches to work with athletes & track athletes training stress & progression as well as build their own training library with their preferred training zones. Each clients Training zones is defined in their athlete profile and in each daily workout based on their threshold heart rate or power which is established in a field test or in a lab test. This site also allows coaches to view their client library and from their, view each clients training calendar, and from their view daily workouts including clients uploaded training files (from Garmin like devices) and examine graphs of power, heart rate, speed, elevation gain or loss, & cadence. The coach can isolate various areas of the graphs to pull averages from sections of individual workouts (like intervals) or sections of competitive events. Some of the weaknesses of trainingpeaks that we would like to address in our product is that the software is rather clumsy in that it is slow to respond to inputting a workout into a calendar from the coaches end, it leaves strange blue dashes on graphs when hovering over them with the mouse, technical support is very slow and sometimes never responds, and coaches don't have constant view to a notes for a given athlete when viewing an athletes training files and creating their training plan.
Strava is a site that allows athletes to upload training files to their own profile while interacting socially with other athletes. Users can upload GPS files & training files as well as create segments on maps where they can compete on a social network for top rankings in a segment. Users can also track their training (miles per week, per month, & per year) on a basic level. Strava uses a "suffer score" to establish a training stress score and help users coach themselves by keeping tabs on their chronic stress load to see how they're responding to their training but it is only available in a paid version of Strava.
Key Features we're shooting for:
- Athlete User Portal
- Athlete Training Calendar
- Athlete Training File Download (can download from devices like Garmin, PowerTap, Polar, Suunto, ICal, etc)
- Software analysis of user chronic training stress & acute training stress using algorithms to determine balance between training & recovery and ultimately the form of the athlete using the software.
- Software tracking various data points related to training stress while making training or recovery recommendations based on results of data points monitored.
- GPS mapping of training routes
- Social interaction & competition by following other users & creating segments to compete against other users for top rankings.
- Ability for users to track their rankings via a leader board for each segment.
- Simple and easy to navigate home page & site
- Coach Login Portal
- Coach athlete library
- Coach option to add/invite users to allow coach permissions via email address or username
- Coach ability to create & populate their own training library
- Coach ability to track client chronic & acute training stress along with training stress balance (balance between chronic training stress & acute training stress) in the form of a line graph with each of the 3 values represented.
- Coach ability to leave client specific notes in a place where coach can view from any view while viewing clients training data
Contact for more details...