You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking for a skilled programmer to work quickly (read: nearly full-time) on an browser-based game.
Much of the programming is already done, with a bare-bones working game in place, and the team is very talented. Sadly, everyone is working this time-available so the project has not been moving along as quickly as hoped. You would be joining a great team with potential for long-term work, and putting some much-needed wind in our sails. Early work will be checked for quality, and then I will be hands-off once you get rolling.
The current tasks can be discussed at length before you accept the position, but include:
- Applying existing game fight mechanics to bosses, and tracking user damage.
- Awarding prizes (items) based on some computation of total damage dealt.
- Generating items from a set of existing possibilities with various percentages of discovery.
- Account generation works, but needs a little tweaking
- Linking accounts as team members and referrals
- Missions (both generation and completion)
- Achievements (tracking activity killing things, gaining items, etc)
- Using and displaying boosts correctly for the player (increased attack power, etc)
- Team functionality, including applying a percentage of power and using equipment (as an extension of the player profile)
It should seem a little daunting in its entirety, but easy in small bite-sized pieces. We are looking to get into a workable Alpha soon so that players can provide feedback.
United States residence is preferred, but not required. TALENTED student or recent graduate encouraged. A quick search for "coin impact" will result in the news story, failed Kickstarter, and Facebook page. Some knowledge about us is encouraged.