Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We are looking to set up a trip sharing service, where
- Users can register independently / log in with facebook/twitter/other social network/microblogging services.
- Friend and unfriend other users.
- Create / invite / modify and delete travel plans and decide the level of sharing (private, to network, or public)
- users could share travel plans, photos/videos, comments and emotions when travelling. Prepare for a push service where the app will prompt users when they reach their travel destinations to upload photos and provide comments. e.g. if the user reaches New York, it will prompt the user if he wants to see Statue of Liberty, maybe upload a pic, tag the friends on the same trip and maybe send out a twitter/facebook post, @ them or tagging them. Or they could also leave a comment / see other's comments about the place.
- These promotions will be based on what type of attractions/activities the user has liked, browsed many times, or what his friends has liked, using intelligence.
- They will also be able to get connected to other people via 3rd party plugins, e.g. login using facebook, find/invite friends on facebook/twitter, etc.
- Trips, media and activities/localtions will have high quality display interfaces.
- when building trips, the known locations/details can be based on third party information (google maps, foursquare, tripadvisor etc).
- Trips can be shared publically. shared trip details can be 'liked' or bookmarked for future travel inspirations. We like the way Google+ on iPad displays images.
- Users can 'like' or mark the locations or activities they most wanted, this will be collected at a place like 'my travel folder' or something like that.
- we are still open for any recommendations for features and the right recommendations will get you more paid work to do.
Other features are on the plan and the finished piece of work should be flexible for expansion. Highly quality code submitted gives more chance to get involved in the second phase of the project.
Frontend will be based on a full HTML5 website / mobile APP. We are open for suggestions for backend's technology, preferably on open source.
Additional Project Description:
08/22/2012 at 8:17 NZST
We are looking to create a travel focused open social network. By sharing travel thoughts, locations and photos, users will have the easiest way to inspire trip mates, friends and the community. This will generate high quality content, which is displayed in artistic and easy to use interfaces with editorial intervention by the operations team. In return, more users will be inspired to join and share more moments. The comments and rating to travel attractions will become a social led information source and become the travel guide for every traveller by every traveller.
It will be open. Facebook/twitter/sina weibo users will be able to log in using their existing credentials, import existing relationships to the community. Uploaded photos and published thoughts can be shared as a Facebook status or a twitter/sina weibo with one extra tick (just like iOS app Path). It will even @ or Tag the relevant trip mate in question. The platform should be designed to be easy to integrate with other popular website/services.
It will be easy to use. No long forms, no strange questions. Easy casual words. It will be the quickest way to post a picture of 3 trip mates from 3 different devices taken by 3 people to Facebook/twitter/weibo and linked together. No more picture sharing session and photo dumping using a card reader.
It will be elegantly beautiful. On the web interface we will use large photos and transparent layer to show relevant metadata of that photo. Every user should end up with a tile-arranged trip summary, incorporates the trip's journey on the map, photos at different locations, calendar, links to twitter/weibo posts and weather.
It's a handy toolbox and enhances the travel experience. When it knows that you will arrive at some destination, it suggests activities you may like, based on your previous likes and interactions to other users' activities. It tells you what the weather is at your destination, prompts you to take photos with friends, and gives you links to trip advisor or other review sites. It lets you to see which place has best review among the society.
The backend should be able to monitor and analyse user behaviour from different perspectives. Data mining as 'which travel destination attracts mostly 25-30 males' and 'promote all beach destinations photos onto the trip gallery page' should be simple to complete.
The backend will store and process the relationships between users, trip plans, media and locations. We are open for suggestions for the technology but it needs to be open source, easy to manage and expand with compatibility to all the required external APIs.
The web front end should be fully HTML5 compliant, with a simple consistent style and should have good structure. It should be displayed the same way across major browsers on different devices without loss of functionality. It should be easy to localise and we expect to operate a multi language website.
The iOS front end will be delivered in phase 2.
Another management front end should include all backend management functions and should be separate from the business backend used by users.
Below is a list of some functions that we wanted. As you read you will be getting our idea and we welcome your recommendations, let's talk and create good ones.
* Login by email and password
* Login using an external service (i.e. Facebook)
* First time external login users will be prompted to provide
* Initial password (with validating)
* A nickname (unique, validate on the form)
* Real name (and if it's going to be shared)
* other information (and this needs to be managed from the admin interface)
* Turing code
* Future add: verification of mobile phone numbers by SMS (leave room for this)
* External service users will be prompted to create social relationships: