You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking for a programmer to build a website concept. The website is small (ca 10 web pages) but will offer a sign up service through a Google API. Data from the Google API will be recorded, analysed and presented back to the user with other data.
The success of the website will rely on the creation of a professional and easy to use interface that provides real value to its users.
You will be working with two experienced senior agency directors with more than 25 years web experience between them - one of whom is a CTO and will be able to advise on coding and other technical issues.
We would prefer to work with someone in geographical proximity (ie London) to enable face to face discussions but are also happy to work in a virtual context.
We are looking for the following skills.
- HTML (inc. microformats, SEO)
- CSS (inc. grid systems)
- JS (inc. jQuery)
- Server-side programming language (e.g. C#, PHP, Ruby, Python)
- Server-side web framework (e.g. Rails, Django, Zend, cakePHP, ASP.NET MVC)
- Experience with databases (relational and non-rel)
- Working knowledge of federated logins (OAuth, OpenID, etc.)
- Experience with Google APIs
- Any experience with JS chart APIs and tools would be an advantage
You will need to be able to write good, clean, semantic HTML, adhering to appropriate SEO best practices, and will understand the difference between content, style and behaviour.
On the server-side you should understand MVC web frameworks, deployment processes, and have used some form of version control in the past (Git or Hg preferred).
Exposure to public Open Source projects would be great - if you have a Github (or equivalent) account, please include that in your application.