Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Our programmer was unable to finish a Drupal template project for us found at http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.com and we need someone to help finish it. The former programmer is available to answer questions as needed.
Here is the scope of work:
1. The links in the left column are hard to read - they all run together. Let's try putting single pixel lines between them like we have in the left column navigation on the home page here: http://www.elitefitness.com/.
2. How can we turn off the User Login block until we are ready to launch it with integration with our forums here: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum? When we are ready to add this back, we need a link to register. Make the Username and Password input fields more narrow.
3. Is there any purpose to the block "Navigation"?
1. Align all the text left instead of justified.
2. We need a thumbnail associated with each article teaser. And a very easy way to get them in there.
3. Top Story: Try about 60% less padding around the title and text.
4. Too much padding between Read more... and Leading Stories.
5. Visited links should remain the same color as the non-visited links.
6. Leading Stories - I'm not crazy about how this is laid out. Why don't we try two columns like at http://news.google.com/ each 50% with no fixed width.
7. Teasers should not break mid word like: "Patrick Arnold decided to give me an exclusive interview. And you w" and "However, this may all change after police in the sm".
8. The area at the bottom where you have five colums, let's change this to be like cnn.com's More News with two columns. Section header "More News" and then two article titles under each section:
9. What if we wrap each area into its own unique white "bubble" like on the home page and on CNN. Let's try a distinct bubble for each of these blocks: 1) Top Stories and Most Popular Right Now 2) Quick Vote 3) Leading Stories 4) More News
10. Increase the leading between the lines in the teasers of the leading stories.
11. Make the big red graphic NEWS a link back to http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.com on the category pages like http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.com/anabolic-steroids
12. Align the left edge of the big red NEWS graqphic so that it is right in line with eht T is Top Story.
1. Let's change "Opinion Poll" to Quick Vote and format it just like on the homepage http://www.elitefitness.com/. Same chrome and everything.
2. Change the header "Popular Right Now" to "Most Popular Right Now"
3. Put the Most Popular list above the Quick Vote.
4. Quick vote - can we make sure it is different poll than the one from the one on the home page.
5. Let's have a vertical ad under the quick vote like we have on the home page.
PAGE (Example: http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.com/20-year-old-busted-with-anabolic-steroids)
1. The top left corner of the "paper" as here: http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/efn/011408.html
2. Looks better than on pages like:
3. Increase the leading between the lines in the articles.
4. Try inserting the "Above the fold" add using the div tags.
1. See problems with the chrome in the attached images.
2. Let's use the same .ico file that we use for the rest of the site.
3. Search is missing.
4. Footer centered add: C2008 elitefitness.com. All rights reserved. (Please update the year to 2008 on the home page)
5. We need to get the 728 banner on this page.
6. See the jpg files where we need less padding.
1. Is there any way to have control over the graphics that show up in the RSS http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.com/rss.xml The big vertical banner looks out of place.
1. This needs complete formatting. See: http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.com/aggregator/sources/1
2. Can we get better URLs for the News Feeds than:
3. A title such as: 'Running With Arnold': a petty characterization
is appearing like this:
'Running With Arnold': a petty characterization - San Jose Mercury News
We need to import our legacy contant into Drupal. Several hundred articles.