You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Project objective: I need a Magento developer to modify the standard Modern theme’s colors and background, and rearrange the lay-out of a few of the theme’s elements such as Search (box), Newsletter Sign-up (box), advertisement banners, etc. The edit needs to be performed in the most current Magento version (1.6.2 or 1.7.0). The theme should be executed in light colors such as white and grey (I can provide mock-ups of the screens). The final product should maintain all of the current Modern theme’s functionality and fonts. The visual color changes need to be reflected in all aspects of the site: front end, shopping cart processing/check-out steps, advanced search, search results, registration, newsletter sign-up (drop-down button), widgets, etc. The site must be optimized for all major browsers: Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, etc.
I. Performance Optimization
1. The theme must be optimized to run fast enough on HostMonster.
2. Mobile optimization of the theme for iPad/Tablets/etc.
3. SEO friendly.
4. The code changes need to be very clean to avoid performance and functionality issues.
II. Magento Core Functionality
1. The core functionality of Magento will be maintained.
III. Theme Requirements
1. Homepage to maintain its current lay-out of one main large image and several static, smaller images. (Homepage to include a fast performing slider is also a consideration).
2. Social sites sharing/linking options need to be added (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to header and product pages.
3. Minor edit/redesign of the homepage’s header and footer will need to be performed (moving around the existing Search (box), Newsletter Sign-up (box), advertisement banners, etc.)
a. Header to include logo, search box, social linking (follow us on Twitter, FB, YouTube and Google+), menu categories, shopping basket, my account, contact us, a small banner, my wish list, advanced search, login and register capabilities. The header should be static and always present.
b. Footer to include links, newsletter sign-up box, a banner, links to About Us, Customer Service, Blog/news pages, etc. The footer must be static and always visible to the end user.
c. The theme would be clean, light colors, with smaller size fonts and some transparency for menus' drop-downs, and items should be able to be displayed with minimal scrolling.
d. Main menu – horizontal position, on top of the homepage slider. If you can add a Mega-Menu type script, where I can organize and display the categories by brands, for example, it would be great.
e. Categories’ pages – they should maintain the standard Magento functionality and lay-out of the Modern theme. In terms of appearance, they would need a little minimization of the space and reflect the new color organization.
f. Product page should include all Magento’ standard functionality and lay-out as in the Modern theme, price, description (short and long), quantity, add to wish list, reviews, email to a friend, add to compare, add reviews, contact us about this item, a link to the manufacturer’s site, multiple images of the product, zoom, related items, sign up for newsletter button, etc. Social networks share feature would need to be added for all products and ability to link the product to the manufacturer’s site, and ask for .
g. Account creation, wish list, my account,
4. Incorporating a live chat script to the site (header or footer - TBD).
Also, in the process, a few extension from Magento Commerce such as product image zoom or an enhanced menu drop down may need to be incorporated. I also wanted to see if I can add informational pages where an excel spreadsheet can be displayed and the content to be viewed only.